Chapter Fifteen: A Snag In The Fairytale

This chapter contains drug use! And strong language 

Jax sat down and lit another cigarette, his nerves shot and his mind working overtime as the sun set in the distance. He hadn't heard from Eva all day, his anger growing more and more with each passing hour. At this point he was so full of anger that he didn't care about her reason, he deserved better than to be left in the dark.

He was joined on the bench by Opie and Tigs, neither one of them speaking as they all lit up a smoke. They knew what was going through his mind, but they also knew that nothing was going to comfort him. They sat there and listened to chaos around them, the sound of cars going by the shop and the laughter that the nightly cookout brought.

"There she is." Opie said as he saw Eva pull in on her custom chopper, something about her notably missing. They all waited back as Jax rushed over to her, his anger rising as he tried to remind himself to stay calm.

"You wanna fucking tell me where you were all day?" He asked as he watched Eva slip off her helmet, her eyes looking tired and full of sorrow. He looked down at her cut, all the patches missing leaving dark spaces that once told of her place in the MC. "What happened to you?" He asked as he watched her grab a handful of papers from her side bag.

"I'm sorry, Jax. I was in such a hurry that I didn't take my phone—but I had to take care of something. Get the guys in the chapel—I need to make an announcement." Eva said as she pecked him on the lips, her voice soft and calmer than he had ever seen. He gathered the guys in the Chapel, all of them looking around nervously as all their eyes were on Eva.

"I have explaining to do, but first I want to say sorry to everyone for making you worry. I didn't have my right mind together when I took off, but now I seem to have a better grip." She started to say, watching as Clay and Jax looked annoyed, the two men crossing their arms over their chest as she cleared her throat.

"This is my cut; the patches are gone and no I didn't get it some kind of fight—I ripped them off. Guys I'm stepping down and out of the Renegades, and I am asking that—Big Poppa take it over." Eva said as she looked at her longtime friend, watching as his face lit up with pride and confusion. She raised her hands silencing the room, her eyes going to Jax who looked almost hurt by her choice.

"Eva? Why you doin this? The club is your blood, it's your life." Jax asked as he crossed the room, a wave of guilt washing over him as he felt she was sacrificing more than she needed to be with him. He never would have asked her to give up the club, knowing full well what it meant to her.

"This is my choice, Jax. I want us to be together but I also can't take this life anymore. I want to be your wife and I want that title only! I don't want to choose who lives and who dies and I don't want to live my life with a target on my back. Big Poppa, do you accept my choice?" She asked as she looked to her friend, watching as he stood up and nodded his head. She looked to the rest of the members, watching as they all agreed that he was their new President. "So, it is then, I, Eva Cortez-Teller am no longer a member of Renegades." She said as she tossed her cut to Big Poppa, watching as tears filled his eyes.

She wiped a tear from her eyes, a part of her life now over. It was a part of her life that she thought would never end, but now that it was, she felt like a better person. She hugged the men, knowing that they would all be returning to L.A now, since none of them had a reason to stay.

"Eva, are you sure about this? I don't want you resenting me down the road." Jax asked as he pulled Eva aside as the guys walked from the chapel, leaving only him and Eva. He watched as she looked at the table, her hands running over the large Reaper that was carved in the middle.