Føur

J Ø S H U A
Tyler had called me about picking up another US tour.

I was all for it, and then I remembered that summer was coming to an end and I would have to enroll Tori in school.

"Well, what if we at least pushed it back until March?" The suggestion would be easiest for everyone, in my opinion. Tori wouldn't have to be pulled out of school until closer to the end, it would give everyone time to relax since our last one.

"That's an awfully long time to wait, Josh." He sounded concerned.

"Well, I want Tori to have as much of a normal school year as possible." I heard a smacking noise through the phone.

"I completely forgot about her. How's she adjusting?" I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Since I brought her home, she's been extremely quiet." She's said no more than seven words to me.

"Josh, you have to give her time to settle in. She just was pulled from a life that she's lived for so long." He was right.

"Yeah. Anyways, I'm going. I'm gonna take her shopping so she can get some new clothes and stuff." We ended the call and I went upstairs to Tori's room.

The door was open and the room was empty.

I glanced out and saw that the bathroom door was shut. I waited patiently for her to come back to her room.

V I C T Ø R I A
I sat in the bathroom, staring at the faded red lines on my arms.

I was tempted to go to my room and grab my bag of blades, but I chose not to.

I washed my hands and pulled my sleeves down, in case Josh would see them.

Walking out of my room, I spotted Josh leaning against my doorway, on his phone.
He looked up and smiled.

"Hey! We're going to go head out and get you some clothes and stuff. That sound cool?" I nodded and grabbed my shoes from my closet.

Although my small amount of clothes would be fine, I probably should get some more. Maybe a pair of shoes that you can see my socks through the rips.

I went downstairs and he grabbed his wallet and keys, motioning for me to follow him out to his car. I got into the front seat and he started the car.

The drive was quiet besides the radio playing until he turned it off.

"So, are you excited to start school?" I was never excited. I was always homeschooled and it sucked.

"I guess?" I'm sure he was going to do the same.

"Well, I hope so. The high school is supposed to be pretty good." High school?

"Oh." He nodded and pulled into the mall, parking towards the entrance.

I followed him in and glanced at different stores, eyeing Hot Topic