Twø

V I C T Ø R I A
It had been a couple of months since Josh came in, and we were waiting for everything to go through.

I was pretty tired of living at the orphanage.

The kids were awful, the food sucked, and the staff sucked.

As each day passed by, I would hope that Josh would come in, ready to take me home, but as each day passed, I began to lose hope.

Maybe he didn't want me anymore. Or maybe, he found a better kid to adopt.

"Victoria, do you have your chores done?" Mrs. Payne came into the kitchen as I was putting dry dishes away.

"Almost, ma'am." She watched me put everything away and dry my hands.

"Pack up your items." I stopped in my tracks and comprehended what was just said to me.

When my mind processed the words, I ran to my room and dug under my bed for my bags.

I shoved clothes, my other pair of shoes, toiletries, books, and anything I owned was shoved into this bag.

The last things that were to be put into my bag, I had to decide if I were to leave them or take them.

I shoved them into a side pocket and zipped them shut.

I set the bag on top of my bed and pulled my blanket off of it. I folded it nicely and neatly and set it on top of my bag.

When I was finished, Mrs. Payne called for me and I trudged down the stairs, dragging my stuff with me.

This was it, I'm finally leaving the system.

The pinked-haired man was standing by the front desk, leaning over it. I set my stuff by the door and stood by him, waiting for him to notice that I was standing there.

When he finished signing papers, he stood up straight and finally spotted me.

"Oh! Are you ready?" I nodded and smiled.

The first real smile I've had in a long time.

He grabbed my bag as we headed out and I followed him.

I had always dreamed of being adopted into a family that will love me as if I were one of their own.

This is nothing I dreamed of, but everything my heart truly wanted.