Twenty-føur

V I C T Ø R I A♡
The homecoming dance wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Ryan, Allison, and Ethan were there, so I spent some of my time with them.

Josh wanted about a million photos of us before we left. He was so annoying about it that Debby had to distract him so we could leave.

We had fun until Lily showed up.

She caught me in the bathroom and threatened me, "I'm gonna make your life a living hell, Tori! Just wait!"

Allison rescued me and she and the guys kept an eye on me at all times, to make sure Lily wasn't around.

Now that homecoming was done, the new topic was Halloween.

I hadn't celebrated Halloween since before my parents died.

Max came over to our table and sat down next to me. I sat my drink down and looked at him. "Where's your food?"

He pointed back to his table. "I came over to ask you something." Ruby elbowed me and I shot her a glare.

"What's up?" I smiled back at him and he pulled his phone out. "You're into Halloween, right?" I shrugged.

"I guess? I haven't celebrated since I was little." Max looked at me as if my eyes were popping out of my head.

"Really? Didn't any of the foster homes you were in celebrate?" I looked at Ethan. "The only foster home I was in for the holiday, they were crazy religious."

Allison laughed. "My cousin's catholic and they still celebrate." I shook my head. They were insane about it.

"No, they didn't let their kids socialize with anyone except people from church; not even the neighbors. And they thought that because America celebrates Halloween, the rapture was coming soon."

Joey and Ryan both snorted and Joey started coughing on his water.

"Okay, back to what I said, do you wanna help me plan a Halloween party?" I thought about Max's question.

Socializing and planning weren't my things.

"I'm not sure. It's not really my thing." He nodded and stood back up. "That's okay, just text me if you change your mind." He went back to his table.

"He so likes you!" I glared at Joey. "Shut up, no he doesn't! We're just friends." I sunk down in my seat and Ruby gave me a sympathy pat on my back.

"Even if I did help him with his party, what would I dress up as for Halloween?" Ruby, Ethan, and I were walking back to my house.

"You and I could be Josh and Tyler. You have Josh's hair anyways." I smiled and we walked in, hearing Josh on the phone in the kitchen.

We all dumped our bags and ditched our shoes and walked into the kitchen to grab some study snacks and drinks.

"Okay, thank you!" Josh stuck his phone into his pocket and gave me a fist bump. "Wanna go to a celebrity Halloween party?" I shut the fridge and shook my head.

"I don't like socializing, Homecoming was overwhelming and I hated it." Ruby frowned, "At least you got to go." Ethan rolled his eyes.

Josh glanced at the two. "So you're some of Tori's friends?" They nodded.

"That's Ethan and Ruby. They came over to do homework." We grabbed our snacks and drinks, and our bags, and retreated to my room.