Thirty-føur

V I C T Ø R I A
Christmas Day was so different than how I expected it to be.

On Christmas Eve, we went to a Church service and then went to go see the Christmas lights. It was fun but different.

Christmas Day, I expected them to start with breakfast, but they instantly started with the gifts.

I had a big pile, and I didn't like it. I felt bad that they got me so much, and all stared at me, watching me open them.

I did enjoy each and every gift from everyone.

We did breakfast after, and we spent the day playing games and watching movies.

Josh announced to them that he and Debby were back together and he got some positive responses. He also posted a picture of the two of us with the caption, "Merry Christmas from the new addition of the Dun family and I. We'll see you next year."

We got a lot of comments asking who I was, but most of the comments were chill.

Josh and I went home right after Christmas because he had a New Year's party with Debby, and Tony wanted me to come to his.

That is until I woke up on New Year's Eve feeling sick to my stomach.

I rushed to the bathroom and puked my guts out, coughing intensely. Josh walked in and pulled my hair out of my face, rubbing my back.

Once I felt like there was nothing in my stomach, I leaned back against the wall and heavily breathed.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I shrugged and I tried to stand up, but my legs were like jello and I nearly collapsed as soon as I was up.

Josh held onto me and felt my forehead. "That's what I was afraid of. Fever. Come on, let's get you to bed." He helped me out of the bathroom and back into my bed.

He had grabbed a thermometer as we left the bathroom and stuck it into my mouth and disappeared.

When he returned, it started beeping and he checked it. "You have a fever of 103, Tori. And I don't have any meds to help you. Do you think you'll be okay for a little bit while I head out and pick some up?" I nodded and pulled more blankets over me.

Josh left and I tried to pile all of the blankets I had in my room on top of me, but I was still freezing cold. This is so frustrating.

My phone went off and I answered it, seeing as it was Max. "Hey. Tony said to wear something nicer for his party, but I wasn't sure what. What are you wearing?" He immediately started rambling.

"Nothing." There was silence and then Max spoke, "Tori, I don't think that's appropriate." I laughed and started coughing.

"I mean I'm not going. I woke up and puked my guts out and I have a fever. I'm really sorry I can't go."

He blew out some air. "No, it's okay. I really hope you feel better soon." He hung up and I instantly felt even worse.

I ditched him at Tony's Christmas party and now this.

Josh returned with the medication and gave it to me. I fell asleep quickly after and he left me alone.