Three

V I C T Ø R I A
Josh and I drove to his place; my new home.

My nerves were overbearing. It was still hard for me to process all of this.

We pulled into a driveway and Josh parked the car.

I climbed out and took a deep breath while Josh grabbed my stuff.

We went inside and I glanced around at everything in my sight.

The house looked nice and clean, which surprised me.

Josh set my stuff by the stairs and looked at me.

"Okay, tour first or room first?" I didn't like being shown around. I like to explore and discover places.

"Room." I helped carry my stuff and we went up the stairs.

Looking down the hall, I counted five doors. He pushed open one of them and I looked in.

Inside, there was some dark wood furniture and a bed with black and red bedding.

The room was painted a pale pink and although I hated pink, it brought the room together.

Josh set my stuff down and smiled.

"Well, I'll leave you to get settled. I'll be downstairs when you want a tour." He left and I shut the door of my room.

I began to put my clothes away in drawers and took off my beat-up converse and threw them into the closet with my boots.

Josh didn't buy any clothes or stuff for me, but I didn't mind since he did adopt me and pull me out of the hellhole that's called an orphanage.

I shoved my bags under my bed and hid my supplies in my underwear drawer.

Smart move to put them where people don't want to look.

I opened my door and peeked down the hallway.

The faint sound of drums came from down the stairs.

I decided to explore the upstairs a little bit.

I looked into the first room across from mine and glanced around.

It was a bedroom, but it was all plain.

I assumed it was the guest room.

I shut the door and looked at the door at the end of the hallway. Either a bathroom or a closet.

I opened it to reveal a closet. I shut it and walked back down the hall.

The door to the bathroom was open, but I glanced in to see it.

I looked in the last room and noticed it was Josh's room.

There were pictures on the dresser and nightstands and the bed was messy and a small pile of clothes in the corner.

I looked at some of the pictures on his dresser.

Some were of him and Tyler, some with a family (I'm guessing his), and a couple with a familiar woman.

I knew I had seen her on some Disney shows, but I wasn't sure if she was dating Josh or if they were related.

I left the room and shut the door, heading down the stairs.

The sound of drums was still faint, but louder now.

I wandered around and discovered another bathroom, the kitchen, the living room, the dining room, another guest bedroom, and the stairs to the basement.

I went down there and the drums got louder and louder.

There was Josh, banging away at his drum set.

I listened to the beat and recognized it as Fairly Local. I hummed along to the beat until he stopped playing.

"Settled in?" I looked at him and nodded.

"Do you need to be given a tour?" I shook my head.

"I found all the different rooms." He scratched his head and then his phone rang.

He picked it up and I retreated back to my own room to give him his space.