Førty-six

J Ø S H U A
Tori was going back to her old ways.

Not so much as to relapse, but isolating herself except when shows are going on. During the concerts, she and Jenna chill on the sidelines so they're right there when we're done.

Whenever I saw glimpses of her on the bus or at the hotels or venues, she was either doing her homework or was on her phone.

Except now summer officially hit, and school was out.

"Josh, I can't get Tori out of the room to go to the pool with me. Can you please help me?" I rolled my eyes and got off the couch to head to our room.

"Tori?" I walked into the room and she immediately shushed me and looked back at her phone. I glanced over and saw Max on the screen.

"Is that Joshua?" I waved at the screen and he waved back. I realized why Tori had been isolating and being on her phone; she had been talking with max.

"I probably should go. I'll see you later," she put her phone down and stared at her lap. "I miss him." I sat next to her and wrapped an arm around her.

"You're gonna be okay. We have seven weeks left of the tour and we'll be back home." She frowned and looked up at me.

"But then he's gonna be busy with football season starting along with preparations for senior year."

Someone knocked on the door and I stood up to answer it, revealing Jenna in her swimsuit. "Is Tori joining me in the pool?" I let her in and left, going back downstairs to the hotel lobby.

That night, I was on the phone with Debby while sitting on the balcony of our room.

Tori and I had a room to ourselves while Jenna and Tyler had the room next to us. Tyler tried to get us in the same room but Mark had already booked the room.

"And how's Tori doing? I know you said the other day she was ignoring you guys." I rubbed my forehead and sighed.

"She's fine. She's been talking to Max on the phone a lot and earlier she mentioned that she missed him. I'm not sure what I should do."

The line was quiet for a moment and I double-checked to make sure our call didn't end.

"Do you think maybe he could fly out and join you on the rest of the tour?" Debby finally spoke up. At first, I thought of her idea as ridiculous and unrealistic, but then it started to seem like a good idea.

"Yeah, but I don't have a way to reach out to him, and I don't want Tori to ask him and get her hopes up in case it doesn't work out." I leaned back in my chair to look into the room.

Tori was on the phone with Max when I went out onto the balcony, but she was fast asleep in my bed, cuddled up with my pillow.

That's my favorite pillow.

I snuck into the room and tucked her in, attempting to take back my pillow and failing. "I'll talk to you later." Debby and I finished our call and I found Tori's phone beside her on the bed.

I unlocked the phone and looked through her contacts to find Max's number. Once found, I sent it to my phone with hers and deleted the text off her phone.

I plugged it in and saved his number to my phone before going to sleep.