Førty-seven

J Ø S H U A
I had reached out to Max about flying out and he instantly agreed, wanting to get here as soon as possible, which is why I was pacing outside, waiting for his Uber to arrive.

Jenna was in charge of keeping Tori busy until the show so that the surprise wasn't spoiled.

She failed at keeping Tori occupied.

"Josh? Shouldn't you prepare for the show?" I stopped in my tracks and looked at Tori who was leaning against the side door, keeping it open.

"Oh, I'm uhh," I paused, trying to come up with something to say that doesn't give away the surprise. "Waiting for a call."

She cocked an eyebrow and walked back in, shooting me an odd glance before the door shut. She was definitely questioning my motives.

I went back to my pacing until my phone went off, and then a car pulled up behind the bus, Max stepping out of the backseat.

I helped him get all of his stuff out and we brought it to the bus, dropping everything on the floor and going inside the venue.

"Jenna was keeping Tori distracted but I'm not sure what happened to them." We heard the piano, which meant Tyler was practicing without me.

We turned the corner and saw Tyler and Tori sitting together, and I noticed it wasn't Tyler playing, but Tori.

She was playing and singing Taxi cab, her voice echoing through the arena. I smiled to myself and watched as Max snuck behind my drum set and made his way towards Tori, standing behind her.

Tori's voice was incredible, and her range shot shivers down my spine.

Tyler looked over to me and I moved my gaze over to Max, making Tyler turn around to see him. Tori finished the song and set her hands down in her lap, looking up at Tyler.

"I absolutely love hearing you sing." Max spoke up and Tori whipped her head around, seeing Max standing behind her with a huge grin.

She nearly lept off of the bench to hug him, to which he wrapped his arms around her. "I've missed you so much." I heard Tori mumble as I walked closer to them.

"Surprise," Tori looked up at me and then moved from Max's arms to mine. "I figured you'd want to spend as much of your summer with someone you like. And I know you're starting to get sick of Tyler and I."

She laughed and looked up at me. "Of you two? Never. I could never get sick of your terrible humor and random taco bell cravings." I chuckled and rolled my eyes, letting go of her so Tyler and I could start rehearsal.

I watched the two of them walk off and I looked at Tyler who was still sitting at the piano. "Let's get started." I nodded and looked for my drumsticks.