Øne

V I C T Ø R I A
I can't do it anymore.

I had nothing to live for. I lost all my family long ago and I have no friends. I find it funny that my idols always say, "stay alive," and yet, I can't find a reason to.

I never mattered to anyone anyways.

I was ultimately prepared to do it.

I had all my chores done and it was free time so I knew I would be left alone for at least a couple of hours.

What caught me off guard was the knocking on my bedroom door and Mrs. Payne's voice ringing through.

"Victoria?" I stumbled around and shoved all of my stuff into the top drawer of my dresser and making sure I didn't look too dead.

Nope, still, the same amount of life drained out of me.

I opened the door to see Mrs. Payne's dreadful smile.

"Yes, Mrs. Payne?" She motioned for me to follow her downstairs.

"There's a man here who is interested in you," hold on, there is? "And he's waiting to meet you." Going down the hall to the meeting room, she opened the door for me to go in.

There, sitting on the other side of the table, with my file and information sitting in front of him, was Joshua Dun.

I did a quick mental check of what I looked like; My unnaturally red colored hair was messy and tangled.

I never bothered to brush it so I left it alone.

The sleeves of the My Chemical Romance shirt I was wearing were probably still wet from doing the dishes earlier, and my jeans were covered in dirt from one of the four-year-olds kicking me after I found him running through the garden during nap time.

"Here she is. I'll be back to check on you in fifteen minutes." Mrs. Payne left the room and left me alone with Josh.

I took a deep breath and sat in the open chair across from him. He was still glancing at the open file in front of him.

I had all of my information memorized; Where I was born, what happened to get me here, all the group homes and foster homes I've been in, and all the problems I've been diagnosed with.

"Victoria, right?" He asked.

I nodded, "I usually go by Tori." He smiled and shut the file, moving it aside.

"Well, Tori, tell me about yourself." I raised an eyebrow and glanced at the file.

"But you've read all about me." He shook his head.

"No, I want to know the deep stuff about you. Your hobbies, favorite bands, what your favorite pasta is, all that."

I smiled slightly, "Well, I like spaghetti. I like to dance, soccer, play instruments, write, and act. My favorite bands are My Chemical Romance, blink-182, Mayday Parade, All Time Low, Black Veil Brides, A Day To Remember, and Twenty One Pilots,"

Josh's smile grew when he heard me mention his band. "Is there anything else you'd like to know?"

He nodded and leaned forward, "Would you like to be adopted?"

I nodded profusely.