Baby Talk

All the Wentz's were in the living room watching The Aristocats. Locklyn was sitting between his parents dancing happily to the singing cats with his Star Wars figurine in his hands. Bliss and Sally were sitting on the floor across from each other. Sally doing some school work while Bliss was on her laptop surfing the web. Dylan was sitting in the arm chair eating a tub of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey with a sandwich on the coffee table. His stomach was spanning out more which made Dylan happy. He was 2 and 1/2 months pregnant so he was glad everything was going well. He had been keeping the ultrasound pictures in an envelope for Miles. He didn't look at any of them. He just asked Cecilia about the baby's health and that's it. Pete was on his phone checking his email. Patrick was sitting there watching his children. The nice evening was ruined by someone pounding on the door. Pete stood up and walked over to open the door. In stormed a angry looking Brendon and following was Dallon looking annoyed.

"Patrick!" He shouted as he walked into the living room. Patrick paused the movie and looked at his good friend.

"What's wrong?" Patrick asked calmly.

"Tell Dallon that we aren't having any kids" Brendon demanded.

"I just suggested it" Dallon said.

"Shut up!" Brendon said pointing a finger at his fiance. "Tell him Patrick"

"Isn't this something the two of you should talk about in private?"

"That's what I told him, but he insisted on driving all the way over here" Dallon said calmly.

"I mean why wouldn't you want to have kids, Uncle Brendon?" Sally chimed in. "Don't you want a cute baby that looks like you and Dallon?"

"Yeah. It's no that bad. I mean sure the constant kicking and the having to pee all the time, but it's gonna be worth it" Dylan said before taking a bite of his sandwich.

"No! No kids!" Brendon yelled then he stopped to look at Dylan. "Wait. You're pregnant?"

"Oh, yeah. Not how I planned on telling you, but you came in here storming"

"Dallon" Brendon started to grip his fiance's forearm. "Another little one. Oh hopefully he's not a trouble maker like that Iero boy" Brendon went over to be next to Dylan to put his hand on his bump. "You're baby is gonna be so gorgeous. I'm gonna spoil that little sucker"

Dylan looked at Dallon with a raised eyebrow. Patrick and Pete looked at their friend smiling.

"Yeah. He or she will be very beautiful, but imagine yours and Dallon's. Everyone will fall in love with them. With both of your looks and charm" Dylan softly told the older man.

Brendon nodded then looked at Dallon. "You win" he mouthed and went back to talking to Dylan about the baby.

"Who would of thought I could convince Bren by bringing him here?" Dallon said once he took a seat by Patrick and Pete.

"I always knew deep down he wanted kids. He was always way too excited when I was expecting" Patrick said.

"Put it back on, Dad" Locklyn said holding Pete's forearms.

"Alright, Snack pack" Pete grabbed the remote to play the Disney movie and the little boy went back to dancing happily.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dylan opened the door to his room and started down the hallway. He walked past Bliss's room to hear The Cure blasting from her room. He knew his mother took Locklyn to the park and Meagan went with him to keep him company. He walked into the kitchen to see Sally sitting at the dining room table. She had her binder open and textbooks all over.

"You're still doing school work?" Dylan asked as he went into the fridge to get the makings for his sandwich.

"Yeah" She said as she was writing. "You're lucky you don't have to deal with school"

Dylan nodded since he knew she was trying to study for finals and get her late work done. "Yeah. At least you don't have to deal with someone hitting your bladder ever few minutes"

"True. School still sucks" Sally sighed and put her pen down to look at her brother. "Can you make me a sandwich too?"

"Sure. Maybe you should take a break. You can't be super stressed"

"You're already sounding like a mama bear trying to protect her cub" Sally stood up to go be next to Dylan.

"I know. How about we take our sandwiches to my room and you can help me find some gender neutral baby stuff online?" Dylan suggested.

"You're looking at baby stuff already?"

"Yeah. I mean I have to eventually. I don't have Miles here and god knows what he would pick out for our baby's room. Why not get my sister who knows a lot about color schemes to help me?"

Sally smiled and nodded her head. "I would love to help pick out things for my niece or nephew. I really hope it's a girl though"

"God help me if I do" The two got their sandwiches and went to the room. Dylan was happy to spend some bonding time with his sister but he still missed Miles a lot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dylan was laying in bed with his laptop next to him. It was 8 pm over in New York so he knew Miles was gonna call soon. He had a hand resting on his stomach as he was thinking about the baby. He wondered if it was a boy or a girl. He wondered what they would look like. Would they have his eyes? Would he have Miles striking cheekbones?

Beep

Dylan got out of his trace by seeing that Miles was calling. Dylan sat up and moved the laptop to answer.

"Hey sexy" Miles said as he saw his boyfriend with his messy black hair.

"Ugh. I don't feel sexy. Your child keeps kicking me" Dylan told him.

Miles smiled and retorted, "You mean our child"

"Yes. Our child" he rolled his eyes and Miles laughed.

"So you'll be coming to New York soon?" Miles decided to change the subject, plus he couldn't wait for his boyfriend to visit him.

"Yes. Tomorrow's my flight" Dylan confirmed.

"Perfect" Miles had the most brilliant plan ever and he wanted time to go by faster.

*Sneak Peek For Next Chapter*
"Help me plan my wedding!"

"Why don't you just work with music like you always wanted to?"

"Hi, I'm Levi. I'm Miles assistant"