New Start

"So how's Locklyn been? He still looks like a cutie from Pete's post" Meagan said to Patrick.

The two had just finished doing they're usual workout routine they use to do before Patrick was pregnant. It's been two weeks since Locklyn was born and Pete felt like his husband should get a break.

"He's been good beside waking up every half an hour at night. The little guy just doesn't like sleeping" Patrick responded.

"Jeez. How's the kids dealing with that?" Meagan asked.

"They're at the point where they don't complain anymore. Before they would complain every morning" Patrick said. "Now enough of me. How have you been?"

"Pretty good. Oh wait. Guess what!" She said remembering the good news.

"What? Tell me!" He said feeling her excitement.

"I'm gonna be Victoria Secret Angel!"

"Oh my god! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!" Patrick hugged her as she did a sequel in excitement. "I'm gonna have to go to the runway show to cheer you on"

"For sure girl" The two started going on about up coming stuff with work for her and family for him. Patrick was glad to have her as a friend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick got home and walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water. The kids were at school so it was pretty quiet.

"Pete!" Patrick called out since it was odd that the house was so quiet.

He didn't get a response so he walked down the hall to Locklyn's room. The crib was empty so he left the room. He went to the master bedroom and smiled at the sight. Pete was laying on his back, shirtless, asleep with Locklyn on his chest asleep as well.

Patrick took a picture and then went to lay on his side next to Pete. He was looking at his youngest child smiling. He looked so much like his Dad.

"What are you smiling at?" Patrick looked at Pete to see him squinting at him.

"Just at our amazing son" Patrick told him.

"Yeah. He's pretty amazing. Finally got him to sleep" Pete rubbed his eyes trying to get the sleep out of his eyes.

"You're amazing" Patrick said. Pete smiled since he sounded like a dork in love which was true. He looked at him to see him trying to hide his smile in his jacket.

"You're amazing too, baby"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miles was packing up his suitcases for his trip. He had closed his first bag and started to go to his closet to put more clothes in the second one. He pulled out his denim vest that he had pins on. One of them was his Dad's logo and the other was his Mom's. He remembered when he was 11 his Dad came home from the studio and put the pin on the vest.

"That was the first pin your Dad made" Miles looked in the doorway to see his Mom. "He felt it should belong to you since you inspired him for his first album"

Miles nodded his head as he kept looking down at the clothing in his hand.

"By the way I wanted you to have this" Gerard walked to his bed and left his comic there. "I would read the page before the first chapter and the very last page"

Miles watched as his mom walked out of his room and then back at the comic. He sat down and grabbed it. He opened the cover and read the first page his mom told him to.

To my son Miles. I've been calling you by your middle name because you're number 7. You're Calix. You're my boy -Gerard Way

Miles smiled and flipped to the very back. It was a page showing references his mom used. There was a picture of Miles smiling and another of him smoking. Next to them was the drawings Gerard did and next to that was the finished work Gabriel did.