Aftermath

Patrick woke up with Pete's arms around his waist like every other morning. He turned in his arms and kissed his cheek. He slowly got out of the bed to be sure to not wake his husband. He started grabbing clothes so he can shower. On the way to the bathroom he stopped and looked at himself in the body length mirror they had. He had started to tend to do that and he smiled softly before going into the bathroom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick had been fully dressed and was heading out the room. He did his normal morning routine. He softly knocked on Dylan's door and he heard a quiet come in. He opened the door to see the black haired boy in bed still. He was laying on his stomach with the blanket over him and his face in his pillow.

"You got school"

"I know. Why do they have football games on Thursday's? It makes no sense" Dylan groaned.

"I don't know. I don't do sports" Patrick then noticed something was odd. "Where's Miles at?"

"He left last night" Dylan simply said still not moving.

"I thought he would have stayed the night"

"I thought so too" Dylan mumbled. Patrick knew something was wrong. He made his way across the room and sat on the edge of his sons bed.

"What's the matter? Did you guys get into an argument?"

"I don't know" Dylan moved so he was laying on his side to face his mom.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Patrick said softly.

Dylan was tempted to not say anything, but his mom's voice was so soft and welcoming. "Have you ever had a experience with a best friend that was something best friends shouldn't do?"

"Yeah" Patrick said like nothing.

Dylan looked at him surprised and said, "Really?"

"Yeah. I had a best friend when I was barely sixteen. He was older and you know what at first I didn't really like him, but then some how we got along. He was funny and sometimes ignorant. He made me what I am today. He made me realize that I was talented and gave me confidence. One time we kissed and it kept happening. Sometimes it would go further than that. We were never the same after that first time we kissed"

"What happened to him?" Dylan asked intrigued by the story.

Patrick smiled and said, "I married him"

"Dad's the best friend" Dylan said shocked.

"Yeah. I was his best man when he married Bronx's mom. We tried to stay just friends, but it failed. We realized we loved each other. Actually it was more like I realized I loved him since he loved me since the day he met me"

Dylan stayed quiet as he started thinking. He was thinking about last night and that kiss.

"You had that more than best friends experience last night. Didn't you?" Patrick said practical reading his mind. Dylan simply just nodded his head, too scared to say anything. "It's gonna be okay. You guys will figure things out. Just talk things out. Don't hold back"

Patrick stood up and patted Dylan's hipbone. "Start getting ready. Breakfast will be ready soon"

"Hey mom" Dylan called out when Patrick was out of the room and about to close the door.

"Yeah" he said.

"Love you" Dylan said.

"I love you too, Dylan" Patrick smiled warmly and closed the door.

He then walked a little further down the hall to Sally's room. He softly knocked and he heard her cheery voice say come in. Patrick walked in and to the adjoining bathroom. She was doing her make up in the mirror like she does every morning.