8

Pistol on my waist, I might make a mistake
Dead shot, headshot, oh my god, am I crazy?

*****
(Editing Finished)

-/Michael/-

Of course, this shit had to happen now. Thank god I had two of my best men with me, Jackson and Connor.

As soon as they told me our rivals were here, I knew nothing good was about to happen. I had to get Cameron out of here before shit went through the roof.

I guess you could consider what I was in a gang. More like the mafia, but a branched-out part that I was the leader of. I controlled everything from the shipments, to the deals, and even down to the number of people we had to torture or kill. My job was very important and the wrong fucking people decided to show up tonight. They didn't know it yet, but they were about to join the other countless lives I've taken.

In the midst of all this, my mind was going what seemed like a hundred miles per hour, thinking of any way to get out of here safely.

The look in Cameron's eyes was enough to show me the immense fear she was feeling and I couldn't let her get hurt like this. Not only would her getting hurt slow me down, but it'd also leave a person who knew well enough about me to get me locked up. If she couldn't run out of here on her own and I had to leave her then she'd be able to get to the police and let them know about everything. She knew too much about me already, and with the things I've done to her, I know she wouldn't be able to keep her fucking mouth shut. My ass was on the line if we didn't get the hell out of her as quickly and safely as possible. I'm sure the police would show up any minute and that was only another concern to add to the stress I was undergoing.

"What's going on?" Cameron broke me from my thoughts, her fucking curiosity always getting the best of her.

I grabbed her by her wrist, holding my grip rather firm to keep her close to me as I lowered my head to reach her ear. "Nothing, darling. All you need to know is that we need to get the fuck out of here. Do what I say, and we'll get out of here just fine."

All of a sudden, the sound of glass breaking pierced my ears. When I looked in the direction of the noise, I saw the front glass door of the restaurant was shattered. Bullet shells were scattered across the floor. The entire restaurant went silent before screams were heard and people started to duck under their tables and run in any direction away from the scene.

Fuck.

"Run to the back door of the restaurant. You'll find it not too far past the bathrooms. Wait for me and I'll meet you there. Go now!" I let go of Cameron's wrist and gave her a slight shove in the direction. I only knew where the back door was because this restaurant was a typical spot where I had meetings. Her eyes held so much fear that it nearly hurt me to see her like that. I almost felt guilty for getting her stuck in this situation. This wasn't supposed to happen.

She stood for a few more seconds, staring into my eyes with hesitation before she took off towards where I instructed her to go.

I turned back to where the glass was shattered, seeing multiple men dressed in all black suits. They all had guns held in their hands, not even opening the door of the restaurant, just walking straight through where the glass was broken. The crunch of glass under their feet was heard with every step they took.