6

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash

*****
(Editing Finished)

-/Cameron/-

The shower I took was the only thing to help the aches vibrating through my body. The warm tears from the pain ran down my cheeks, the only thing differing that from the water was the saltiness I'd taste as they dropped down to my mouth.

I was still shaking, my body going into a complete state of shock after the blows Michael hit me with. My stomach was cramping in agony and my leg was throbbing. The wound almost felt as if the bullet was still lodged in it, and my face hurt from being slammed on the concrete.

Everything hurt.

Wrapping my arms around my body as the warmth of the water surrounded me was the only thing that brought me the slightest comfort. Even doing that though, made the soreness in my body worse.

I'd already been in the shower for what seemed like forever. Time was something I couldn't even comprehend at the moment. I stayed in there long enough to wash my body and my hair, then just standing in there to consume time so I wouldn't have to be in front of Michael's presence.

His wrath was no surprise, but in the moments of pain he unleashed upon me, I nearly thought that he'd let me die.

Nearly halfway through his blows, my eyes started to see dark spots flashing in and out of my vision. My vision was blurry and eventually, I almost started to become numb to the pain he was inflicting. Death seemed so close, yet so far away. At that point, it seemed nearly like a great escape. I was thankful when his blows stopped, but I in a way regretted that he didn't just end my life then. At least I could've been out of my misery.

The steam from the temperature of the shower water now ran thick around me, reminding me of just how long I've been in here. The skin on my fingertips was wrinkly and deformed.

I grabbed the shower handle to turn the water off, reaching just outside of it to grab my towel that was lying on the bathroom rack.

I slowly stepped out of the shower, my body hurting with every small movement. Carefully, I dried myself off, avoiding the bandaged area around my wound. I took the plastic off that was wrapped around it, only needing it so the water from the shower didn't get the bandage material wet.

Once dry enough I went over to the sink, taking a look into the still fogged mirror from the steam. Maybe that was for the best as I just know there were bruises all along my face and body.

I turned around, trying to recompose myself before walking out of the bathroom. I kept the towel wrapped close to my body before grabbing the bathroom door handle and gently opening it, not wanting to make a scene as I entered the bedroom.

As I stepped out, there was no sign of Michael within the room but the smell of weed definitely gave away that he was around. I stepped further into the room searching for any sense of him and my hopes dropped when I saw him in the walk-in closet further in the room. He was bent down, looking through a drawer.

He was obviously able to feel my presence as he turned to look at me, eyeing me up and down with not a hint of shame. I've never been insecure but this man's stare is nothing but intimidating. If eyes could devour you, I'd be gone.