Can't sleep

Kpov

I've been up since 2, I slept with Peyton for a few hours and I haven't been to sleep since. I can't stop thinking about my babies. I called up to the hospital checking on them, they assured me all was well and thier conditions have not changed and they were both asleep. They were suprised this was the first time I have called tonight. 4 more hours, I keep telling myself, then I can see my children and I was taking Peyton with me. I head over to the couch with my food and turn the tv on. It's 5 am and I want to sleep but I cant.

Rpov

I rolled over and the bed was empty. Except for my daughter who was sleeping peacefully next to me. Her mother wasn't there. I slowly got out of bed, careful not to wake Peyton. Checked the bathroom and then headed downstairs, I found Kristen on the couch eating a sandwhich curled up in a ball

"Hey" I whispered

"Hey" she said when she saw me

"You scared me, you weren't in bed"

"Mmm..sorry I scared you, I just didn't want to disturb you or Peyton so I came down here"

"How long have you been up?" I asked as I sat by her

"Since about 2, but I just came down here a little bit ago, I couldn't sleep"

"Have you called?"

She sighed

"Yes, it's Brittany tonight. She was suprised I have only called once tonight. Guess they expected me to be calling every hour. I'm not that crazy"

"Your not crazy, just concerned"

"More like scared Rob, I mean, anything can happen with either one of them at any time and it scares the living shit out of me. Not being with them and the thought of them being alone"

"I know, Kristen...you really need to let these thoughts and emotions out. It's not good to hold them in."

*sniffles* "I know, I guess I'm just used to holding it all in." I took her into my arms cuddling her

1 hour later

Kristen and I were on the couch watching NCIS. The sun was coming up over the deck

"Hey I'm going to check on Peyton"

"Yeah, we can't hear her from down here.

I headed upstairs and into our room, Peyton was wrapped up in the blankets, her hair flung all over, quietly snoring. I stood there for a moment debating on what to do. I leaned down, gently lifting her into my arms. She whimpered

"Shh hun" I whispered to her

She wrapped her arms around my neck, I took her downstairs

Kristen turned to me and smiled

"She's still asleep?" She whispered

"Yes, I decided to bring her down here. I went over to the other part of the couch laying her down and went and sat by Kristen

Kpov

I leaned my body against robs and to be honest. For being not even 4 days post partum, I was feeling pretty good besides my anxiety and nerves. But that has nothing to do with the c-section, just my kids. We laid there for a long time until I heard whimpering and moaning from the other couch, I looked over and Peyton was looking around and whimpering. I got up and went over to her.

"Hey bug, what's wrong?"

She looked at me and blinked, tears coming to her eyes

"You didn't know where you were did you?"

"No" she whimpered. "Or where you were."

I laughed, "it's ok hun, daddy just moved you down here." I sat next to her and she laid her head on my chest.

"Be careful" Rob whispered to me

"She's fine, my body doesn't even hurt," I rolled my eyes. "I know be careful." He laughed and smirked

Rob went and got Peyton a bowl of cut up bananas and a sippy cup of milk and gave them to her. Normally she would be in her highchair. But since we were both comfortable and wasn't moving soon. We let her eat where she was

"Have any plans today?" He asked me

"Probably going to see the babies and taking Peyton with me. What about you?"

"I'll drop you guys off and then I have a meeting that's only about an hour."

"Sounds good."

9am

Rob dropped Peyton and I off at the hospital and I had to promise not to lift her while Rob was gone. Peyton took my hand and we headed up to the NICU, I helped her scrub up and I scrubbed up and we headed in. Both babies were asleep. Peyton went and talked to Hadley while I went over to Elias.

"Morning buddy," I whispered to him as I stroked his cheek. He turned his head following my finger, making sucking motions with his mouth." Are you hungry?" I giggled. He opened his eyes and whimpered.

"Peyton can you come with momma please?" she jumped off the stool and followed me as I went to the nurses station.

"Excuse me miss, I need to pick up a bottle for my son. the last name is Pattinson."

"of course, now we always keep the breast milk bottles in this refridgerator back here. you can grab one anytime."

"oh ok cool, thank you." I headed back and grabbed one, heading back to the room. Elias was crying when we headed back into the room. I went over to him scooping him up into my arms

"Hey, mommys here buddy," I whispered to him as I lifted the bottle to his mouth. I went and sat in the chair that was by Hadley. Peyton sat in the chair that was next to me. Hadley woke up a few minutes later, "I got her momma" Peyton said as she scooted off the chair and went over to Hadley, taking her hand into hers and talked to her. I sat there giggling and shaking my head, I never in a million years thought that Peyton would ever want to help with her siblings. she wasn't overly obsessed with my belly when they were inside of me. once in a while she would come and talk to them but never like she does now.