Something's Wrong

WARNING SENSITIVE SUBJECT

12 weeks

"You ready to go?" Rob asked me as I was buttoning my Jacket.

"Yes." I went and got Peyton out of the play pen and headed out. We got there and I went and checked in and I settled Peyton on the couch

15 minutes later

"How are you today miss stewart?"

"Tired but I'm ok."

"That's commen. Your blood work looks ok, nothing is new so why don't we get started with the ultrasound?"

"Sounds good" I said as I got up and removed my shirt and pulled my pants halfway down. I climbed onto the table trying to get somewhat comfortable as the nurse got started. She moved the probe around and clicked a whole bunch of buttons. She suddenly stopped and shifted the probe around and then went and got the doctor. I looked at Rob terrified. I squeezed his hand. The doctor came in and they spoke in whispers and medical language for a few minutes before she turned to us.

"What's wrong?" I asked frantically

"I don't know how to tell you this. One of your babies stopped developing at 8 weeks and doesn't have a heart beat. I'm so sorry"

I broke down. Placing my head on Robs chest. He starting tearing up

"You will miscarry this one soon."

"Will my other babies be affected?"

"No luckily, we want you to miss carry natrually with this one because if we go to remove it, it could cause damage with the other babies."

"Thank God for that at least. How will I know if I'm miscarrying?"

"Vaginal bleeding and stomach cramping are the main ones. You will just go to the bathroom in simple terms were you will pass the fetus. You can also choose to do this on the floor of the bathroom too if you are choosing to do a burial. I am going to warn you. It will be extremely hard to see."

He showed me a picture of what it will look like when it passes so I knew what to expect. It was hard to look at that and know that when this baby came out of me, it was going to look like an actual baby in a sense.

She continued checking on my other babies while I held Robs hand

"Well everyone else seen to be doing great."

"Thank god" I said as I blew a sigh of relief.

"If you don't miscarry in the next week or so give us a call and we will figure out different options that will hopefully not hurt the other babies"

"Ok thank you" I said as I sat up.

She handed us the paperwork and we headed out. We were silent on the way home as I tried to process all this

When we got home I made a group chat and sent a message out. People started replying right away

We got home and I went to couch setting Peyton on the floor

We got home and I went to couch setting Peyton on the floor. I was still in shock about this. Rob came over sitting next to me putting his arm around me.

"Everything is going to be alright. We will get through this and get you guys through the rest of the pregnancy."

"Thanks. I just can't believe this."

"I know, I know."

"I'm going to lay down ok? I just need some time alone."

"Ok, I love you"

"I love you too" I said as I got up and headed to the bedroom. Curling up in bed