Epilogue - Something Great

Enjoy.

xBreHoran

___________________________________

Something Great | Epilogue

~~Blair's POV~~

They should make a movie out of my life. Thirty and Single. I'd watch it.

It'd been ten years since Edward left. The daily video chats and weekly letter had stopped and all our hope had drained out. Everyone was older now and more dull. Tomorrow was the twins (Titan and Leigh's) birthday so we wanted to make their fifteenth special and let them come along with us to the Brit Awards.

Not much happens around here now. The band was still together though. We promised to sing our last concert together and if Edward isn't here to sing then we aren't ending until he is. Simple as that.

I, on a different note, was depressed and alone. Thirty years old, single, and is surrounded by married friends with kids. Yazmin and Chad had a kid, Jillian and Mary-Jane adopted a little boy, Jo is dating Nick (the guy that used to work at that Diner and had a crush on Yaz), Drake and Britney have like three kids and I'm pretty sure they aren't stopping there, and Thadd was dating Ed's friend, Whitney who was, in fact, expecting. Skyler was 23 and in college with her boyfriend. Jacob is newly wed and on his honeymoon and he's 28. Then Jr is 16, Titan and Leia are 15, well, tomorrow, and yes all three of them are dating.

Then theirs me.

-

I brushed my hair and my fringe swooped over my right eye, slightly blocking my view. It was time for the awards and I'd dressed in black, leathery, leggings and a white peplum blouse. I applied some pastel pink lipstick, and slipped on my heels. I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs and popped a mint in my mouth.

My house was so empty.

It was just me here. I don't get many visitors at all, which I'm okay with. I'm not as soical as I was before. I don't talk much in interviews and I don't do much really. I write and record music and that's kinda it. No hobbies, no sports, no fucking Edward!

There was a honk outside so I walked out and got into the limo that had the band in it.

The ride there was boring. At least to me it was. All everyone talked about was the babies. What should we get the kids? Do you think the babies will like this? What if we had other babies?

Oh my God, shoot me now.

When we got to the place the show was being held, we were rushed backstage and into our dressing rooms. We just changed in front of each other because who cared, right? Its not like we're going buck naked.

After changing into black skinny jeans, a black tan top, black converse, and a black cardigan, we got our makes and went out on stage to start the show. We sang our cover of Somewhere Only We Know by Kean for Comic Relief (external link) and changed before going back to our seats. I just sat back and watched the show, drinking the bit of wine out my glass.

"Tonight, we have a video and picture college to give a great thanks to Edward Styles. He won Hero of the Year Award. So this is for him."

The first thing they showed was me and Edward when we were fifteen sitting on a plane, staring at the laptops camera. "I'm Edward."

"I'm Blair."

"And we are The Connection!" we cheered together.

I smiled and sat up straight watching the screen. They showed so many memories and moments we had together, not just as a couple but as band mates and as best friends. That only made me miss him more.

I wiped the tears that were falling from my eyes with a table napkin and felt a pat on my back. I sent Britney a small thank you smile and she returned a sympathetic one. When the video stopped, they asked for The Connection to come on stage. They handed us (me) Edward's award and I was pushed to the mic to speak.

"Edward was one of the most smartest and talented, caring person I've ever known. And with him being gone it has effected us all in a way. Be honest, our music sound different without that eight voice." I said getting murmurs of yes's as replies. "He would love to have this award and he definitely deserves it. He was a great person with a big heart."

Everyone clapped and we walked offstage to our seats. I was beyond tired after another twenty-five minutes of listening to random celebrities get awards. The lads left to sing for their portion and we were supposed to sit and watch. When I was asked to come on stage I was shocked but went anyway. I had sat on a stool and watched my band mates sing.

One day you'll come into my world and say it all.

You say we'll be together even when you're lost.

One day you'll say these words I thought, but never said.

You say we're better off together in our bed. 

I started to hum and sing along to the song myself. They went through the entire song and I was still confused as to why I had to be up hear to hear them sing a cover of out parents song. I felt a tap on my shoulder and screams got louder and louder, and when I turned around there was Edward on his knee.

~~Edward's POV~~

I smiled at my family and friends (other than the band) who sat backstage with me. I had just gotten here and didn't have anytime to change so I sure hope Blair doesn't mind a sweater, a scarf, a beanie, and some skinny jeans. 

"I'm so glad this is finally happening!" My mom squealed. I chuckled and mumbled, "me too."

"Edward," Zayn called, "I know you'll treat my daughter right because after all the shit you've been through, you still tried and I'm proud of you. Thank you for making her happy." 

"Thank you Zayn." I said nodding with a smile. 

The door flew open and in came Thadd, Chad, and Drake. Drake was the first to pull me in a hug. "Missed ya mate." 

"You too, bro." 

I watched as they left and made sure I memorized my parts getting my mic hooked onto me. They turned it on so I couldn't talk anymore. Everyone walked with me to the stage curtins and wished me luck. My mom patted down my shirt and adjusted my scarf before kissing my cheek. 

"Go get her." She said. I nodded with a smile and stepped on the stage. Thadd, Drake, and Chad kept singing and Blair sat with her back turned to me, clapping and singing along with the beat. I couldn't help but smile. She was so adorable. Everyone noticed me but I shushed them and eventually they got louder as I got on my knee after patting Blair's shoulder. She turned in the chair and gasped, covering her mouth letting tears fall from her eyes. 

I looked her in the eyes and sang the last four lines of the sing, "You're all I want, so much it's hurtin'. You're all I want, so much it's hurtin'."

I held the ring out even closer to her and smiled. "Blair, can I ask you something?" She nodded, still sobbing in her hands. I smiled wider, "Will you marry me?" Then when she nodded, I slipped the ring on her finger and hugged her close before kissing her gently. 

And through all the cheers and screams, all I could hear was Blair, all I could see was Blair, and all I'll ever need is Blair. 

_____________________________________

I wish I could dedicate this final chapter of HSS to all my readers and fans because you are what got me here. No this is not my final fanfic, trust me I have plenty in my create box aha. 

Thank you all for all the love. 

See you soon 

xBreHoran