29 - Forgiving and Thank You's

Blair's boyfriend, Alec, is pronounced Alex, by the way.

NOW READ!

xBreHoran

____________________________________________

Chapter 29 | Forgiving and Thank You's

—Edward's POV—

Closure. Not something you'd think of too much, but is needed. I need closure with Harlow, so Patrica says. It'll make me feel more free and I'll lighten up to myself instead of hiding everything. I just need to agree to let go.

We were at the airport early the next day, searching for the girl that once had my heart. In a way, I guess, she still has it, but its not much of a heart. Its more of the pieces. Fans screaming, taking pictures; all of this seems different. I'm not exactly ready to face Harlow, but I know that I have to in order to let go and move on.

I spotted her standing with my family who didn't really try to acknowledge her existence. I walked over to Harlow and Patrica tagged closely behind. I tapped Hal on the shoulder and she turned to me surprised.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked. She nodded and we walked away from the others for a little bit. "Why did you use me?"

"I didn't use you. I know what I did was wrong and I really, really did want the best for us, but I ruined that. You have every right to be mad at me." she said.

"That's the thing; I don't want to be mad anymore. I want us to end on a good and happy note."

"But —"

"I know what you did and you know what, I wasn't the most faithful in the relationship either. You have right to get mad at me just as i do to you." I said. "I'm tired of the secrets and the hiding. You were my friend before my girlfriend and I think that's what ruined it for us."

"I'm gonna miss you, Bubba." she said hugging me.

I smiled and latched my arms around her pulling her closer. "I'm gonna miss you, too, Hal. Just remember, I'm a phone call away." She nodded and they called for her flight. I smiled at her one last time before giving her another hug and kissing her forehead. "Bye. Text me."

"Will do, bye!" she said walking away with her carry-on over her shoulder. I watched as she walked away with a smile on my face. In a way, I was free. I don't know exactly how to explain it, but I-I feel better. I felt a hand on my back so I turned to found Patrica.

"How do you feel?" she asked smiling up at me.

"Better," then I looked back at Hal who waved before turning the corner,"a lot better."

—Monica's POV—

We followed Edward and Patricia back to the building where her and Ed were. He laid on a bed looking up at the ceiling of the all white room; he was in an all red uniform. We stood out the one way mirror again, watching him. The door opened and he looked up and smiled.

"Hey Pat." he said to Patrica.

"Hello Ed. I just came for a visit." she said, smiling at him.

"Mm'k. Join me." he said moving over on the bed.

"Oh, I'd rather not —"

He grabbed her by the hand and yanked her onto the spot next to him. She just laughed while he chuckled. Eventually their laughter dies down and they sit in a silence. Ed falls asleep to Pat humming and we just watch him as his chest rises and falls. She got up and tossed a blanket over him and she even kissed his forehead, stepping back and smiling at him.