32 - Perfect

Chapter 32 | Perfect

--Perrie's POV--

I watched as Zayn left the room, slamming the French doors to the patio behind him. He doesn't have the right to be mad at me right now -- I do. I'm in tears and this is what he does? He runs away. I mean how exactly am I supposed to feel when I come home from a long day at work to find the divorce papers filled out top to bottom, every single sheet. We never even got to talk about it. Oh, and let's not forget that beside the divorce papers were adoption papers.

I'm upset about the divorce papers, yes, at one point I wanted him to sign them, but he just goes behind my back and fills it out, even leaving the kids in my name. That makes it even worse; he wants nothing to do with his own kid, but is willing to spend thousands on another. That hurts me and I'm sure if the kids knew they'd be miserable. Especially Blair, her and Zayn just found a healthy spot in their on-off father-daughter relationship. And when I try to confront him about it he walks away.

We never talked about divorce or more children. The adoption papers were filled out long before the divorce papers because the date was in June. He forged  my name. If Zayn wanted more kids we could've talked about this instead of him going behind my back. He thinks I'm afraid of him and quite frankly, I'm not anymore. He has been controlling over me and this family for far too long and I want him to know that he isn't the boss here.

I stomped out to the patio and stood in front of him as he puffed out smoke from his fag.

"You quit smoking years ago!" I yelled in shock.

"You thought, just like everyone else, that I had quit years ago." He mumbled turning the head to the side and puffing clouds out his nose.

I sighed. I know my way to Zayn. You have to kill him with kindness, something I learned from his little sister, Safaa. She want to play on his iPad and he'd say no, but once she gave him puppy eyes and cuddled him, he gave in. If that's what it takes to have Zayn chat with me about this then that's how it'll be.

I walked closer to him and he huffed in annoyance, his jaw tensing. I straddled him and he looked at me shocked while I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"I don't care if you don't need me, Zayn, but I need you."

He placed the fag down slowly before kissing my head and wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer.

"I do need you Perrie."

"But you signed --"

"I was going to rip them up. I just wanted to blow off some of my anger." Zayn admitted.

"Then what about the adoption papers? Zayn, if you want more kids, we can have more kids. The problem is, you don't talk to me."

"I'm sorry, Pez. There's no excuse for my behaviour."

"Zayn why didn't you talk to me about it, though."

I had the right mind to stop talking right there because I know why. He doesn't love me anymore. He's just saying he does. Here I am going through this mindset all day that my husband loves me and he thinks I'm beautiful when in reality he doesn't need me.

I look up at him before moving from his grip. "Nevermind." I choked before walking back into the house, letting the tears fall. I ran upstairs and closed the door before laying in the bed, covering my body with the large quilt, and sobbing.

I love Zayn so much and I always will love Zayn. He was my first serious boyfriend that ended up being my husband, who also ended up being the father of my children. They have his beautiful looks as well. Drake has my blue eyes and that's it. And here I am with a crooked front tooth, hoping it won't get any worse.