It's Cold Outside ((AHH 200K))

Two things defined you in the month of December:
1: Hallmark's sappy rom-coms
2: oh mY SWEET LORD IT'S COLD

(Yes, you were that person)

So it didn't help that you had lost your coat. In the dead of winter. At 5:30. The sun was down and a crisp wknd blew across the land. You shivered, your teeth chattering as you surveyed the land for you (f/c) parka. You had no time to lose- Home Alone started at 6 and you did not want to miss it.

At the moment, you felt a lot like Kevin.

"Um, hey," a voice said from behind. You turned around and saw a boy from your class (who's name you couldn't remember).

"Hey," you said back, as nice as you could be- given that you were frozen and all.

"I think you dropped your coat," the boy said. "I found it on the ground." The curly haired boy offered your coat to you, which you gratefully ripped out of his hands.

"Oh my goodness thank you," you spilled. "I thought I had lost it and k was looking everywhere and I was getting really cold-"

"It's no problem," the boy said. "Really."

"Thanks so much..." You started, but trailed off when you didn't know his name.

"Leo," the boy added. "Leo Valdez."

"I'm (y/n) (l/n)," you said.

"It's really nice to meet you. You know, it's not everyday that I get to help such a beautiful lady out."

You flushed red. How that was possible in freezing temperatures, you weren't sure.

"Actually, now that I've helped you with something, can you help me with something?" Leo asked.

"Sure," you replied, eager to pay your debt to this boy.

"I've lost my phone number. Can I have yours?"

Mentally, you facepalmed. Outwardly, you smiled. This boy was cute, and bold, unlike the shy guys you had dated in the past.

"Sure," you replied with a smile. You grabbed a pen from your pocket and looked at him. "Where should I write this?"

"On my hand is fine," he said. You inscribed your digits onto his hand leaving this small note at the bottom:

Thanks for helping me out! Call me! xoxo (y/n)

"I really have to go now, but thanks for finding my coat!" You said.

"It was no problem, really," Leo said. "I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay."

AN: GUYS. GUYS GUESS WHAT? WE GOT 200K READS AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! EXCUSE MY FANGIRLING THIS IS AMAZING!!! So I have a few people I'd like to thank: *takes stage in elegant dress but falls on way up* *starts cry rapping like Lin Manuel-Miranda*

So first off, I'd like to thank my IRL friends, you've always supported me, to the very end.
Second, to my regulars folks,
You always leave a comment and pretty good joke!
Third to all y'all that's read!
(I'm sure for some of you it was at 2 AM in bed)
Finally, to the bad boy himself:
Leo, thanks for letting me write you. (I can't rhyme words with self.)

*goes back to seat with young people participation award*

Since this wasn't much of a celebration chapter, I will be posting everyday this weekend, including a part two to this chapter!
Thanks a million,
~OddSocks