Fireworks!

AN: It's not related but a fun song!

MORTAL A.U.

"Leo," you asked, partially annoyed. "Why did you agree to do this? It's the Fourth of July, all the fireworks are going to be sucky. You should have bought them earlier."

Percy and Annabeth were throwing a party at their house, one of the first the newlyweds were having. Leo had one job to help out your friends, buy the fireworks for the party. But in typical Leo fashion, he forgot. And forgot and forgot, until the party was an hour and a half away.

"Hey! That's not my fault!" Leo said defensively.

"Yes, it is," you said firmly. The car pulled to a stop and you got out. "You're lucky I like you, Valdez, or I'd be angry."

"But you are angry," Leo said very warily.

"You haven't seen me angry yet," you paused. "But you won't like me when I'm angry."

Leo laughed and picked up your hand that was closest to him. With your hand in his, he swung it as you walked.

"You know, you're cute when you want to be." Leo said mischievously.

"It's a gift," you replied, like it was no big deal. "A family thing. Do you wanna know our secret? We're always cute."

"Wow," Leo said, dropping your hand to slow clap. "Two Hulk references back to back. Are you challenging me for nerdiest member of the Argo II?"

Together, the two of you walked into the firework store. The first thing you noticed was how empty it was. There was still a large selection, but multiple shelves were empty.

"Annabeth just told us to buy the biggest and cheapest ones," you said. "Let's go and see what they have."

Leo ran off without you, to the biggest firework they had. It was called "THE BIG BOY" and was listed at 75 dollars. Leo looked at you with big puppy eyes.

"Absolutely not," you said firmly. "It's too much money."

"Please?" Leo asked "Pretty please with Skittles on top?"

"No."

"Well, if we can't buy it can I..." Leo lit up his finger in a flame. You could tell he was joking by his body language, otherwise you would have yelled at him.

"You better not," you said forcefully, shoving him backwards. It was harder than you thought, and he flew backwards, landing on THE BIG BOY and all of his friends. Leo must've panicked, because the flame grew and grew across the aisle.

"Run!" Leo shouted grabbing your hand and running. You felt something touch your cheek and saw a bright flash and you picked up speed. You grabbed the lone clerk out of the store.

"What..?" They muttered, clearly dazed.

"Get down!" You shouted, pulling Leo and the clerk to the ground.

"BOOM!" The explosion of a bunch of fireworks was so loud, your heart skipped a beat. You looked up to see a giant cloud of smoke spiraling into the sky.

"LEO!" You shouted. "You just blew up that guy's store!" You looked to the clerk, but he'd passed out.

"You pushed me," he argued.

"This is your fault!"

"Your fault."

"Your fault!"

"Your fault." Leo said, with a tone of finality. "Now, we can argue, or you can look at this picture."

"What picture?" You asked curiously.

"This one," Leo said as he showed you his phone. It was a picture of Leo kissing your cheek, but instead of being happy, you looked determined. In the background, and explosion was going off.

"You photographed us blowing up a store!" You half yelled. Your tone softened. But it is really cute."

After calling 911, Leo and you left to drive to the party. The mood had lightened, almost like you hadn't just ruined a small business. Leo was jamming out to Cake by the Ocean, and you were to busy laughing to read your book. When you finally got to Percy and Annabeth's house, Leo held the door open for you and you stepped in.

"(Y/n)!" Annabeth exclaimed, wrapping you in a hug. She hugged Leo in turn and gave both of you a once over.

"Where are the fireworks?" She asked.

"Uhhhhhhhh..."

AN: That was fun to write! Also very cute. Happy 4th of July to all Americans and non-Americans! I don't have any more words to say byeeeeee!!!
~OddSocks

QoTD: What's your favorite Fourth of July song?

((I like Firework by Katy Perry. XD))