Falling Slowly

AN: Today I started and completed the novel, "If I Stay." I cried about five separate times, not counting the entire last chapter. This is probably not good for you guys because I consumed a bitter sweet love story. And well...I'm sort of infamous for my sad chapters. We shall see. Anyway, the quote is, "I fell in love the way you fall asleep, slowly; then all at once. Suggested by @MrsStevenGrantRogers. I hope you enjoy!

Today was a rain day. That meant at three O'clock today it would begin to rain. Rain days at camp weren't just a light rain. It was a permanently-attach-clothes-to-your-body hard.

So it was just your luck that you were caught at the Bunker. Leo needed a extra set of hands, and you were the only one of his friends who had long Leo tolerance. That was probably so because you had the tiniest crush on him.

However, any romantic feelings were replaced with rage when it started raining; especially because he had this knowing smirk on his smug little face. This infuriated you, he was acting like he had tricked you into getting caught here.

"Leo!" You said angrily. "You said you were going to tell me when to leave!"

Leo looked a bit sheepish. "Well..." He started, "I was going to..." Leo's eyes darted around the room looking for a distraction. His eye landed on you. "But I got distracted."

"What do you mean, "you got distracted"?" You said, mocking him.

"While I was working with my charming girlfriend; irrelevant things like time escaped me," you blushed, unaccustomed to this attention. You and Leo had been dating for a month or so, it wasn't anything serious. ((Yet.)) You hadn't done anything big like say "I love you".

"Hmph!" You said, turning up your nose at him. You marched over to the couch and sat down in the most proper way possible.

The Bunker was an unnatural quiet for a moment. You heard no movement until you heard the tv click on.

"I rented "If I Stay," just for you, (y/n). Forgive me so we can watch this together and reassure me I did not give away my man card for no reason," Leo begged you. You didn't turn around because you knew when you looked into his eyes it would be game over.

"I also bought your favorite candy..." He said in a singsong voice. You whipped around to face him and grinned.

"You bought me (f/c)?"

"Yup!" Leo said, clearly liking proud. "And a box of tissues."

You curled up next to Leo and rested your head on his chest. You loved his scent; he smelled of toasted marshmallows. In fact, you lived s lot of things about him. His smile, his eyes, his jokes, his scent, his brain, his personality, his willingness and thought into making you happy.

The idea had been creeping up on you slowly, then hit you all at once.

You loved him.

AN: Guys guys guys. We are at 99.5 K I am freaking out! Not only am I not at a hundred chapters and it's bugging my OCD because things have to match, I have no clue what to do for the celebration so if I get to 100k before I finish writing the contest winners I'll finish them later. Also, I was going in the order that the comments were posted but I don't want to end with a sad one so I may rearrange them.
Toodles!
~OddSocks