McCree

A/N: Angst and long and probably terrible and doesn't make sense. Sorry.

______________________________

365 days.

That sounds like a long time. But when you say 1 year. Now that changes a lot of things. It changes the perspective of how long you actually have. There's so much you wanted to do, but you were tied down. You wanted to go on an adventure, but that would be too much for you and probably lessen the time you have.

Your best choice was to make the most of what you've got. 'Make the most of what?' That one question has been looping around in your head all day. No result truly came up. Besides the fact you get to see peoples smiles for when you fix their prosthetic or the kind gestures given by an omnic.

That did satisfy you but at the same time it didn't. You wanted to do more, be more but you knew you couldn't. Hence why you're at the bar now. Drowning away your worries. As weak as you seemed and felt you had one hell of a tolerance towards alcohol.

A glass of whiskey was placed in front of you even though you've just been drinking some average beer. You looked up at the omnic bartender that you know all to well.
"It's from the gentlemen three seats down. It's on him." You looked to your right to see a man in a cowboy get-up side eyeing you with a side smirk while a freshly lit cigar hung from his mouth. You sighed as you got up just enough to grab your wallet from your back pocket and take out the desired amount for the drink before giving it to the omnic.
"Tell him I said thank you, but there's no need." They shook their head and walked back to the cowboy handing him the change. A deep chuckle was heard followed and the cowboy stood up walking towards you placing the change in front of you.

"I said it was on me."
"Yeah, but you didn't say that I couldn't pay you back." You slid the money across the counter so that it was in front of him. "Thank you for the drink anyway."
"What if I don't want it?" He leaned onto the counter top with his chin laying on his hand with a smirk.
"What if I don't need it?"
"Sweetheart, people always need money."
"Well there you go. You should take it cuz I don't need it." The cowboy sighed seeing how you were a stubborn one but decided to sit next to you. "Ekora could I have a glass of water please." The omnic placed a glass of water in front of you who grabbed the cigar from the mans mouth and dropped it in the glass. "No smoking." With that you left leaving the cowboy watch you walk out. He turned back to the glass of water with his cigar and chuckled.

334 Days.

The cowboy's eys shifted to the alcoholic beverage that was placed in front of him. Then they drifted to the omnic who was tilting his head towards the woman he met a month ago. He put out his cigar, stood up taking his glass and sat next to you with a smug look on his face sticking out his left hand.
"The name's Jesse." You turned to shake and respond but you only yanked his hand in front of your face inspecting it at every angle murmuring to yourself. You took in every detail, from just the simple manufacturing to the scratches on the metal.
"This is amazing." You commented before murmuring to yourself again.
"Uh thank you...?" He responded slightly confused yet trying to hold back the blush that was forming on his face as he saw your eyes light up, the way your were murmuring to yourself. The fact that you looked so happy because of him, well his arm, yet it was him.
"Oh, sorry! The name's (Y/N)." You shook his hand frantically out of embarrassment. Jesse's heart thumped at you. You were bland then you became bubbly. It was cute.
"That's alright darlin' I don't mind."

After that you turned back to the counter sipping at your own drink while cursing at yourself. You were slouching over the counter, eyebrows knitted, nose crinkling and your lips seemed to form a pout. Jesse took in all these details as he sipped his own drink.
"Oi (Y/N)!" A voice shouted from behind the two of you. You both turned around to see a man in his late twenties to early thirties walking up to you waving with a prosthetic.
"Hey Pete!" You waved with equal cheeriness as the man named Pete gave you.
"So umm.." Pete sat down next to you scratching the back of his neck with the prosthetic arm in hand. "Could you uhh.."
"Just pass it." You smiled at him as he passed the prosthetic to you. Ekora placed a small toolbox that you've left behind many times due to you fixing things while you visit his bar. "Lemme guess you had a gang fight, a guy shot at your arm and then it fell off cuz it's a crappy prosthetic." You pondered as you tinkered away. Jesse watched you as fiddled with wires and other things as if it was nothing.
"But you're the one who made it!" Pete exclaimed with childish anger. "And I fell down the stairs." He turned away embarrassed. You bursted out in laughter at this, tears pricking your eyes, a pink hue tinted your cheeks.
"Oh god I must've done a terrible job then!" Your laughter settled and you continued working away.
"Wait. You made this?" Jesse asked honestly surprised studying the arm.
"And who are you?" Pete glared at the cowboy who was on the other side of you.
"That's Clint Eastwood." You pointed with your thumb not looking up. Jesse looked at you and howled in laughter once he got what you meant. You quickly took a glance at Jesse with a small smile, happy that he got your joke.