-24-

Soon, teachers started to arrive which included Professor Dumbledore so I quietly entered into the room and stayed at one corner.

Tom Riddle complained that Hagrid killed mom and when one of the professor checked the history of Hagrid's wand, Hagrid was caught guilty. How I wished I could throw away the invisibility cloak from my body and explain everything in detail, what just happened.

But sadly, I was not supposed to do that and I just watched all of it in silence.

I watched as the couple of teachers carried mom's body out of the room after a nurse brought a stretcher. A huge white sheet was spread over her body and it was carried away.

My heart ached at the sight and the most painful part was I couldn't do anything about it. I was confused if I should stay at the place or should I follow behind the teachers carrying her body.

After they were out of sight, I just decided that I would stay there and watch what would happen next.

Headmaster of this era, Professor Dippet expelled Hagrid and took his wand away as the punishment which he never actually deserved.

After the potions room was completely empty, I decided to look at my mother for the one last time. It seems there was some speech going to be conducted in the Great Hall so I didn't have to walk carefully to avoid colliding with anyone on the way.

I don't know how I came to know where her lifeless body was kept temporarily, but I spotted the room easily as if I had a sixth sense. But then, there was already someone else in the room. Just to make sure, I enchanted silencing charm on myself again before going any further into the room.

I watched as Tom Riddle uncovered her from the white sheet ever so slowly.

Just then I saw something no one in the world have ever seen.

I saw him shedding a tear. A real tear.

He held on her hand and knelt down beside her soulless body. He squinted his face that made me cry too.

I covered my mouth tight with my hand tight so that my whimper wouldn't be audible. I know, I had caste silencing charm but I was trying to be extra careful. It was the Voldemort in front of me, I couldn't make any mistake. Not now.

But then, I couldn't help but cry more and more as I saw other tears slide down his pale skin and his ever so painful face.

If Tom Riddle had such caring and tender side, why did he turned into such evil?

It seems she was a very important person in his life. But what was I supposed to feel for this guy in front of me? Pity? Was I allowed to feel pity on someone who almost destroyed the world?

But the scene in front of me made me feel only sorrow for him.

"Delphini..." suddenly I felt like my heart stop as I heard his deep voice. Then I realized, he was talking to her, not me.

"Delphini, I will keep the promise forever. I will never let you go," he said slowly and wiped away his tears and his expression suddenly turned into a vacant emotionless just like Voldemort would have on his face.

What happened...?

"I will take your revenge too, Delphi," he said and gently placed her hand back on her chest and covered her back with the white sheet and said the last sentence before storming out of room, "I will come for you," he said and rushed out, leaving the room with complete silence and sorrow.

I sneaked on the side of her body and looked around if there was anyone out there.

It seems no one was around.

I slowly uncovered myself from the cloak and put it on the ground before uncovering her from the white sheet.

I caressed her lifeless cheeks and felt as if I was touching my own dead flesh.

"I don't know what is the meaning of my life," I whispered into the dead silence.

"I don't know what is right and what is wrong and what is the motive behind me finding about my birth, mother," my words just faded away into the silence and I got nothing in return but the silent.

I embraced her hand in mine and knelt beside her. I felt like I was watching my own dead body in front of my eyes.

After few moment of silence, I suddenly heard a footstep. But before I could pick up the cloak, he entered. It was too late. He already reached the door and stopped as he spotted me staring back into his eyes.

I felt like I was petrified. He didn't move either.

"Delphini..." he whispered with shock.

Shock and terror was completely visible in his eyes.

Oh hell! I've messed up everything now! He stepped closer ever so slowly.

I took the chance of his slowness and quickly picked the cloak up and cover myself. As soon as I was invisible, just in flash, I caste silencing charm under the cloak before running to the another corner of the room.

My heart was pounding so fast and loud, I was scared if he would hear it too.

But thankfully, he just rushed where I was standing without cloak and looked around. It seems my silencing charm was working properly.

"Delphini..." he whispered into thin air. And then looked down at the motionless body lying in front of him.

"I don't know what I just saw. Did you just turn into a ghost real quick? That wont be possible, isn't it?" he talked with the motionless body. Just then, as if he had some idea, he snapped his fingers. "I know, you're trying to tell me something! You want me to bring you back to life!" he said as if he came up with the greatest invention.

I sighed at the stupidity. But then, he was so powerful, he could do anything. What if it was actually possible to bring back anyone to life? But how?

"This room must be forgotten. You should never be buried. I promise to come back when I'm ready with everything, Delphi," he said and kissed on her forehead before casting a spell around the bed she was lying on.

Sky blue barrier appeared around it and seemed it must be for preserving the body.

"I will be back soon," with that said, he left the room.

Just then I realized, I was locked inside!

Thank you so much for reading my story! I hope you guys like it :)

So... how do you think will Delphini get out of the room? Now that she is locked inside...