-2-

Parseltongue? I have never heard of that word before.

"You go inside, I will take care of him," mother said that so I didn't questioned her. I thought I was in a wrong vault when I saw there was a lot of piles of Galleons. Is this the right place? I turned back to look at mother who just spelled something to to the goblin.

"What did you do to him?" I asked with worry. How could she just hurt anyone around?

"Just altering his memory. Remember, no one should know that you are a parselmouth, got it?"

"But what's parselmouth? That goblin said something else, parseltongue? But what is that?"

"That's a language rarely anyone can speak. But you should never reveal that to anyone," she said with concern in her eyes. Why did she look so scared?

"But shouldn't I be proud of that? But how did I know that language? And why didn't I realize that I was speaking in that language?"

"I will answer that later, just grab some..." she pointed inside the vault and her jaw dropped down. It looked like saliva was about to drop down from there.

"That's so huge!" she exclaimed and tried to step inside but she was reflected back from invisible shielding. "Why can't I go in!?" she tried once again but was bounced back with unseen protection.

"I will just grab some on my own," I said and went further.

How can this belong to me? And only me? If we were so wealthy, mother would never think twice before buying anything for me. But why could she not come inside? She told that it was the vault that father made for me, but why would he not even let my mother let in?

My mind was filled with loads of questions but I swiped that away for sometime and concentrated in collecting the money when I noticed a small black velvet box. It looked like a jewellery box.

It was locked but there was no key hole.

"Open," I whispered. It did. There was a piece of old paper whose edge was rotten. But when I was about to open, mother shouted, "aren't you done yet?"

"Coming! Close," I whispered back to the box and kept it inside the pocket.

I took some handful of Sickles and Knuts too and headed back.

"Buy that second hand books," mother said and I frowned. "Mother, we have enough money,"

"That doesn't mean you can waste it! Give that potions book, no, that one," mother pointed to the most used one. That book which looked the oldest in the pile. I didn't speak anything against her. That's how it always went.

"I want that owl!" I pointed to the owl which was white but had some black strokes which was probably just a small kid.

"No, toad is cheaper," she said and looked for another shop.

"But mother, I want an owl. That money belongs to me anyway, isn't it? That vault opened only with my command which means that belongs to me. Then I should decide what should I buy and what I should not. I listened to you for buying old second hand books so its your turn to listen to me. Please?"

It was the first time I ever spoke to her like that. She glared at me for a moment but agreed at the end.

I petted the owl all the way back home. It was so cute, I just couldn't get my eyes off the cute thing in front of me. I couldn't believe I had a pet. A pet of my own. I loved animals like anything, so it was the most precious thing to me.

"She is so cute! Teeny like it!" Teeny exclaimed as soon as she saw the owl.

"But it's actually 'he'," I corrected her.

"What will you name him? Teeny is curious," she asked with excitement. I thought for a moment. "What about Tweety?" I remembered a name from a muggle cartoon character. "But that doesn't sound a name for a boy," she said.

"But Tweety was a boy," I told her and made the decision. I really wanted to keep a name for someone. It feels like a privilege.

Actually the house elf's name was not kept intentionally. Her name was kept from my pronunciation mistake. Mother used to call her 'tiny thing', and when I tried to copy, it sounded 'Teeny thin'. And later on I realized 'thing' doesn't suit for a people to be called so eventually her name remained just Teeny.

It was a week left for the first day of Hogwarts and my birthday was just next day and I was sitting and reading a muggle novel.

Muggle's book was so unique because I found no picture moving around. I always wondered how could they just stay at one place. People say it's boring but not all of them. I really like to sneak in the muggle books from the International Wizarding Library and read them even my mother prohibited me.

As soon as I completed the book, I proceeded to read the next one which was written by a Wizard. A book about parselmouth or parseltongue, whatever it is. Mother never told anything about it so I decided to do the research on my own.

After completing it, I came to know some important points.

Only the descendants of Salazar Slytherin was able to speak parseltongue, the language of serpents and those who could speak the language was called parselmouth.

But how can I speak it when it is clearly stated that Voldemort was the last descendant of Salazar Slytherin? But there was a mention about Harry Potter that for some odd reason, he was a parselmouth who is still alive.

May be somehow I am related with him? Harry Potter...

Sorry for late update! I'm kinda busy with school stuffs.

What do you think about the story so far? I would really like it if you would comment and vote for the story!

So do you think Delphini will get to know that she is not her mother?

And will she ever come to know that she is the daughter of The Dark Lord?

I would really like it if I saw some support from the readers :)

___SNICKERS___