-3-

I was cleaning my closet when I took out the jeans which I wore last time when I visited the Gringotts, the velvet box fell down on the floor. Oh, I had completely forgotten about it.

I opened it and spread the paper on the desk. There was a picture of a house in a dark place or may be the house itself was so black, it looked too dark. Either way, it looked so creepy. But what could this house indicate? A destination? But where?

When I flipped the paper, there was some scribble. It was written, 'Riddle House, Little Hangleton'.

Whose house could it be?

I quickly kept the paper back when I heard mother's footstep. I thought I should keep it hidden.

"Are you ready with your dress this year already?"

"Almost," I replied bluntly.

"If not ready then that's perfect, you should buy a new one," she said in oddly sweet voice.

What was with her so suddenly? She was never so nice to me. She didn't even let me buy a new book even after that money belonged to me. How could she offer me to buy a new dress? What was going on with her?

"Okay, you have the return money of the last time right? If I am not mistaken, after we bought everything, 468 galleons, 14 sickles and 20 knuts were remaining right?" I asked calculating it in my head. For some reason, I was good at calculating in mind.

"Oh, that. I had to use it for the daily purpose," she said as if it was most obvious thing to do. "What? But that was almost 500 galleons! How could you just use that much in just few days!?" I was so angry at her. I felt like being used. Even though she was my mother, I didn't like it when I heard that.

She never let me buy anything I wanted in life then why her?

"Oh, just forget about that. Go to Diagon Alley and buy some dresses," she faked a smile before going out the room.

I couldn't understand what was going on with her. Why was she trying to be nice with me so suddenly. It was just so strange.

But anyway, I did as she said. I went to the Gringotts and then to shopping. I felt like it was not really necessary because I never used to really celebrate it. It was always only me and Teeny. And mother would just come to help me take some pictures, that's it.

What I always got to buy was a raw clothe and made a dress for myself and baked a cake for myself.

The day, when it was finally my birthday, I expected that mother would surprise me with something special because there might be some reason behind making me buy a new dress but nothing like that happened.

I didn't really mind it and proceeded to celebrate my eleventh birthday like every year. Just the difference was that, mother complimented me more and she helped me. Whereas I am the one doing it myself in other years.

It was couple of days before going to the Hogwarts.

"Delphi, I need your help. Actually, I am really in need of money, and only you can help me transfer those money into my vault," I was really shocked when I heard that. "Just two days and even you're leaving so I wouldn't be able to do anything after that," she added.

Why is she so desperate about those money in my vault? If that was my father who left those for me, why can't mother access it? I wanted to know the truth.

"But mother, why can't you access?"

"Don't question your mother! Just do as I say. We are going after an hour, be ready," she just said and left me there.

I had really bad intuitions about it.

"Mother, what do you need them for?"

"Just transfer all the money into my vault, that's it. I let you buy what you want, anyway. Remember I let you buy the dress on your birthday? I listened to what you wanted so now it's your turn. Anyway, your father wants that," she said in convincing tone.

No. This isn't right.

I put the hand on the sliding panel and said,

"Don't open,"

Of course it wouldn't open. "What happened to this?" Mom knocked on the door as if that was going to help.

"Wait, last time you said something else, remember? I think you mentioned your name," as she said, I nearly got heart attack because I thought she understood what was I speaking.

"O-Oh, I nearly forgot that. I thought I said to open," I smiled gingerly and turned back to the door once again.

"I am not Delphini,"

I said. To my surprise, the door started to move. Oh no! Now no one can help me for being looted by my own mother. But when it completely opened, it revealed an empty vault. Completely empty.

So, it was a trick. Nice one, I smirked.

"What happened to the money!?" Mother rushed inside without being bounced back by the unknown force. I went in after her.

"Did someone broke into the vault...?" I said silently peeking into my mother's worried expression.

"No! It can't be!!" She looked around like a crazy. But the vault was just vacant as my mother's heart because she just said, "I had raised you for this day and it's all gone!!"

Hey there readers!

I don't know if there's actually some readers here.

By the way, the picture is of Riddle House. I found it online and edited it and made it look like a peace of picture that is very old.

And I'm sorry that I haven't been updating this story regularly. How is the story so far? Is it good, okay, or boring?

I hope to get votes and some feed backs!

See ya, lovely readers!

___SNICKERS___