-5-

We were on the foot of the Hogwarts Castle waiting for other students to reach the bank of the lake. And it was so beautiful!

I saw it from the other side of the lake but it was more beautiful with the closer view. I was feeling very excited but at the same time, I was tugging on my own robe for nervousness.

Inside was much more beautiful than I imagined. I couldn't express the beauty of Hogwarts with words. It was just that amazing!

Soon the sorting ceremony started and I was sorted in Slytherin as I had expected. All of the people from the table clapped for me. I gave genuine smile here and there before settling down beside a black haired girl who was also from first grade and we just flashed smile to each other.

I looked for Teddy and he was sorted in Hufflepuff. I was about to clap but noticed that no one from Slytherin clapped for anyone for other house so I just smiled at him from across the table and fortunately, he noticed me and smiled back at me.

We headed to the dungeon where our common room was located and I looked at all the portraits that hung along the way and waved to most of them. "First years!" "Another year of headache," "I already hate them," "The newbies are adorable!" "Hey there!" There were many kind of comments from those people in the portraits and I just giggled at them and waved to those who were waving.

Our class had started and it was been just more than a week and I already felt like Hogwarts is my home. This is definitely where I belong.

I also made a friend, Sarah, the girl with the black hair who looked like Asian.

Though I was never educated anything more than reading and writing before getting into Hogwarts, my studies here was more than just fine. I even helped Teddy with his Potions.

Everything was going on fine.

Winter holidays was going to start soon and I decided to start a research on the parseltongue to find about my parents.

In the list of people who were parselmouth, everyone was marked death but one person - Harry Potter. I remembered reading about him in another book before coming to Hogwarts. Is there any way by chance I could meet him?

I shook my head to myself. He was a famous person, a celebrity. There was no way I could even see him, let alone talk to him. I sighed at the thought which was never going to happen.

"Hey, what you reading?" Teddy joined beside me in the library and I flashed him a smile. "I was reading about parseltongue," I said and remembered something that the woman, once I called mother, had told.

'Never reveal you're parselmouth, you must keep this confidential,'

I would never want to get involved in anything of her anymore but that sentence sounded very desperate. I wonder why did she want it to keep it a secret but I felt like she must had some reason but what could it be? Must be some selfish reason of hers. But somewhere in my heat it said she was right.

"Parseltongue? Isn't that a snake language or something?" he said and examined my book. He looked which page I was reading, the list of parselmouth. "Wow! Uncle Harry is also one of them," he exclaimed and took the book from my hand.

"Do you know Harry Potter?" I asked with surprise.

"Yeah, he is actually my godfather. I think I will visit him this winter," he said and flashed genuine smile. "Wow! You're so lucky," I sighed in envy. I was probably going to shut myself in Hogwarts without anyone around because Sarah was going back as well.

"Are you like his fan or something?" He joked and I chuckled, "may be, haha,"

"What are you planning on this vacation? I mean are you going anywhere out of the school?" He suddenly changed the topic making me realize I have nowhere to go to and I just shook my head bitterly. I wish I had my life outside the Hogwarts as well.

"Then why don't you come along with me?" He said excitedly, getting a glare from some students around. "I mean, in my place it is just me and my grandmother so you can definitely join, she wont mind it," he lowered his voice but excitement was still felt from his voice.

"Are you sure? I mean, I belong to Slytherin and even after the house unity, people usually don't prefer anyone from Slytherin," I said nervously. What if I will be ignored there?

"You wont believe, but my grandmother actually belongs from Slytherin," he lowered his voice some more so that only I can hear. "Really!?" That information was quite surprising. "Actually my maternal family mostly belonged from Slytherin. That's what my grandmother told me. So I believe if you're sorted in Slytherin, doesn't mean you have to be a bad people," he said and flashed a sad smile.

He must had sad memory.

"Del, I am really sorry to say this but um..." It was charms class and Professor Flitwick was going to be there in any minute and Teddy said hesitantly. "I actually owled to Uncle Harry and he and other members of Order don't really like the idea of bringing you with me. I tried to convince them but..." He said with regretful expression on his face.

"Attention students!" The Professor arrived and climbed on the piles of books interfering in between the conversation so I decided to talk to him afterwards.

"Delphi! How do you even manage to do that!" Sarah sighed in defeat when she had no idea what she was doing wrong with her transfiguration of rat into a goblet failed fifth time. I had managed to do it in the first try and Professor Knockbolt was quite impressed.

"I think you're swinging the wrong way," I said looking at the way she is trying. "Ms Rowle is definitely right," Professor told her and she personally corrected her swinging way and this time, she improved from hairy to non-hairy goblet but she was not so successful to hide the tail.

The transfiguration class got over and finally every classes of the day was over so I decided to meet Teddy and talk with him. I was not very upset with what he said but it seems he was more upset so I had to talk with him.

I am entirely happy right now because not in this story but I got many votes in the another one! I also got a comment in this story too and I'm so thankful for that! I just need some motivation to keep up with my work.

And so here it is, the new update!

I hope you like it ;)

Toodles!

___SNICKERS___