Happy Ending

"You didn't write the real story," Sasuke sighed at his adopted sister Jolin Uchiha Morino. "Some of this doesn't even make any logical sense. For example, you should have amputated your character instead of using minimal surgery. Also, why didn't your counterpart save you? You menationed before how your other self was able to protect you, or prevent you from dying."

"It's a fictional account of my life," Jolin responded, measuring out the perfect amount of sugar in her tea. "Besides, I think this story is much more interesting. I liked the bits I wrote about Koro Sensei. He was a pleasant addition. As for those mistakes, I was lazy. I'll fix them later."

"The real story was," Sasuke continued "you were in an testing facility, got drugs into your many body systems, and went insane until your father and my family saved you. Then, because your father wanted you to have a family to watched you while he was away on missions, our family adopted you. Don't you think that's more interesting?"

"Nope," Jolin said contently, shifting into a more comfortable position on her bed. "Not every story is going to have a happily ever after."

"Why not?" Itachi asked, coming into the Jolin's bedroom.

Jolin and Sasuke rolled their eyes. "Nii-san, I get you're against negativity and stuff, but let's face it, bad things happen to everyone."

"Yeah, and Jolin's story is the perfect example of that, despite the many mistakes and logical problems. And what's with all these parentheses of commentary?" Sasuke said, waving the paper. "And for the record, nobody stared at you like that. You are pretty much invisible. Even when we went to Academy, nobody noticed you. It's just your usual paranoid self."

"Not too much sugar," Itachi said, ignoring his brother's rant, while watching his adopted sister spooned in more sugar in her tea. "How was the Academy?"

"Sasuke came in first as usual," Jolin said, stirring her tea. "And Naruto came in third."

"So your study sessions worked," Itachi said, sitting on the chair.

"I guess," Sasuke admitted. "You're back early today, Nii-san."

"Kakashi-san took it for me. It's the festival tonight anyway," Itachi said kindly. "It's also Jolin's first festival with us."

"Completely sane and conscious," Sasuke added excitedly. "We're finally going to be able to show you what the village looks like when there's a festival."

"Fantastic. I'll just sit back and watch then."

The three siblings talked before Sasuke left to go do homework, and Jolin was to take a two hour nap in the meantime.

Jolin had been suffering two years of drugs and Chakra ceremonies no thanks to the so-called scientists who weren't the least bit helpful. She was one of the younger lab rats to see if she could gain more Chakra or have more Chakra elements. All she got was a bald head, several diseases, a weaker immune system, and a missing eye.

Long story short, the Hokage had been pressuring the scientists for positive results of their Chakra experiment. However, after prolonging the failed results, the Hokage sent multiple warnings before sending ninjas to get into the lab by force. One of those ninjas was Ibiki Morino who wasn't happy to see his only daughter screaming and bleeding, while acting like a crazed animal.

Jolin had gone insane, due to the rough treatment the scientists had done to her. It took months to calm her down (and whoever had brains never gave her sharp objects) and heal her body. Ibiki was so relieved to see the positive results Mikoto Uchiha's medical care did for Jolin, returning Jolin back to her original condition.

After much deliberation, Ibiki let the Head Uchiha family adopt his daughter into their family so that they could care for her while he was away on long-term missions. Mikoto would be her personal doctor, and Jolin would serve as her testing subject. Nothing too traumatizing, thankfully.

"Jolin, wake up," Sasuke said, stirring a cup of tea with plenty of sugar. "Mother says you need to get dressed."

"Tea..." Sasuke handed her tea, and after fumbling a while, Jolin grabbed the cup and drained its sugary contents. "Thanks."

"Need any help?" Mikoto asked, coming. Sasuke scooted out of the room, and Jolin stepped out of bed to get dressed. Mikoto fastened a wig and a bandana on her, making Jolin giggle at herself. She looked a lot like her dad! Afterwards, Jolin was under the watch of Itachi and Sasuke.

"Take care!" Mikoto yelled, waving to her children as they left the house.

"Come on, let's show you around," Sasuke suggested, pulling Jolin's hand. Itachi was held up by Shisui who popped out of nowhere, and the four walked around the village as the festival started.

Dedicated to lovelotusflowerbomb and