12: My capture

Author's POV

Jolin hadn't let her bloodlust take over her completely yet. No, she was going to show her true colors as a professional assassin in action. So far, none of the Uchihas trusted her skills as an assassin.....or ninja.

Well, that's going to change very soon.

While Captain Fugaku led his team on the road towards the Land of Rice, nobody talked.

Or whispered.

Actually, the only words spoken were when Fugaku told his team to rest or get going. Jolin forgot the heavy stares and only listened to Fugaku's orders wen given.

"We've arrived," Fuagku announced as they reached the hundreds of acres of rice fields. They could see many villagers wading in knee-deep water in the fields while doing their job. Wooden homes and work houses littered the fields here and there, some in clusters, and others by themselves.

Fugaku entered, raising attention from the villagers. His team followed, not making needless conversations while their captain informed the mayor of their mission.

"That's right," the elderly mayor said, nodding when Fugaku questioned about missing children and dead bodies of villagers. "Every night, someone goes missing, and another is found dead."

"How many children gone and how many dead?" Fugaku asked.

"Already, more than twenty-eight children have gone missing, and eleven adults were found dead in one of our rivers," the mayor explained, looking desperate. "The water has merged with blood, and our crops have been ruined!"

And if someone goes dead or missing every night, with such a small village, there won't be anybody to tend the fields.

"Please rest assured that we will take down whoever is harming you, your people, and your fields," Fugaku said. "Do you have any idea who might do this?"

"No," the mayor said, shaking his head. "It's probably just a cult who believes they can control us."

It there's some weird group who see they can dominate a piece of land, then they can sort of terrorize the weak people living there or blackmail the leaders into working for them.

"Thank you," Fugaku said respectfully to the mayor before gathering his team outside. He appointed his eldest son Itachi, Shisui, Jolin, and a few others to stop any outsiders from harming or kidnapping the villagers. The rest of the team were divided to look for any possible groups who would attempt messing with the Land of Rice.

"Let's go," Itachi said softly, turning away, but not before glancing back at the only girl on his mini team.

"Hai!" They spreaded out to stay on the borderlines while a few wandered to the middle of the fields to guard the villagers.

Soon, Jolin found herself with Itachi and Shisui, while the rest of the makeshift team scouted elsewhere.

After a couple more hours, no sign of intruders or strangers appeared. The villagers were safe, but Fuagku and his team's work were far from over.

"I'm going to be over there for about two hours, okay?" Jolin said softly to the two other boys she had been accompanying for the entire day.

"Hn." Only Itachi responded while Shisui was on the lookout in a tree. Jolin took that as her cue to leave and left the tiny clearing as quick as possible.

When she was gone from the clearing a good distance away, she sensed several foreign presences. She was about to turn back when someone grabbed her and covered her mouth.

"Got one!"

"Let's go!" Jolin let herself be carried off, putting up a weak struggle. Her mouth was gagged, and her hands and feet tied.

"Knock her out!" A sharp blow followed the order, but Jolin volunteerarily let her entire body go limp.

'That blow was hardly anything,' she thought. Thinking she was unconscious, the strangers took Jolin away and towards their hideout.

Jolin memorized every move her kidnappers move to reach the hideout, which was a massive underground mining facility.

'Aha. Found the kids,' she thought, spotting several children in chains hitting away at rock.

Jolin was thrown rudely into a cell and locked up tight. "Che. That was easy."

"Come on! What do you expect?"

"Um, kids?" The voices laughed at the joke.

"Well, they're just kids who know how to plant rice!"

"You mean who know how to mine minerals for us."

"Oh yeah, that too."

"Stupid."

"Hey!" Jolin stayed in the cell while her captors walked away. She sensed one of them stayed behind to guard her.

'There's no reason to play around like this anymore,' Jolin thought, siting up swiftly. The guard snapped his attention towards her and called back to his comrades that she was awake. Jolin got to her feet, the beginning of assassination.

Meanwhile, Itachi and his cousin Shisui had decided Jolin was taking too long.

"Can you sense her?" Itachi asked. Shisui, the better Sharingan user of the two shook his head.

"No. She has a very weak presence."

"Hn."

"But hey! I found a couple other people's scent over here! I see the path they've made too!"

".....why didn't you say so earlier?"

"I just did!" Shisui snapped. Itachi looked at him boredly.

"Not when I asked you the first time."

"You're mean, 'Tachi!"

"Hn."

With a pouting cousin, Itachi followed Shisui through the trees and towards the mining facility.

"Itachi, switch on your Sharingan." Itachi obeyed, his eyes widened before reflexively narrowing at the presences inside the mining grounds.

"This is....."