13: My assassination

WARNING!

Gore and detailed killing ahead!

Please skip this chapter if you don't like gore.

Author's POV

Jolin stood to her feet and looked at the guard who turned his attention to her. Behind him, the twenty-eight children worked mining minerals, and the men who had captured Jolin sauntered up to the cell door.

"Well, looks like the kid's awake, eh?"

Jolin put on a scared and frightened face, just as any child would in the face of tough men. Jolin examined them over critically while ignoring the men's insults at her. She still had her weapons with her, excluding the knife.

'Perfect,' Jolin thought. As she finished her examination, she realized these men were ninjas, probably at Jounin level.

'So they're quite strong, but they didn't expect a child assassin.....' She thought. 'Fine by me.'

So far, Jolin had blocked out every noise the ninjas had made, concentrating on her bloodlust.

Her next actions would lead her to victory.

Jolin tore her bonds free and began walking towards the cell door. She stopped, not moving while her face was clean from any signs of fear. The seven ninjas were taken back, but yanked the door open and grabbed her shoulders, but Jolin didn't let them.

In one swift movement, her hand shot up and seized the wrists that had the audacity to dare touch her and gave a solid twist. Two sets of limbs snapped from the raw, brutal force from her strong hands.

Their screams penetrated the pounding of the mines and whiplashes on the children.

Every eye was on her.

Jolin didn't release her hold and swung her right leg in an perfect arc, kicking the two ninjas into a wall of rock. When her leg swung back down, blood had been splattered over her shoe.

"Get her!"

"Use your Earth Jutsus!"

Instantly, all five ninjas performed their ninjutsus, but Jolin dodged the rocks and boulders. Her moves were swift, elegant, and high-skilled. Her senses had heightened, and her steps were light.

While dodging, Jolin whipped out her gun and shot the first ninja right through his head. BAM! One down. He had a bullet through his head. She snatched back her knife before leaping into the shadows.

Jolin jumped up and elevated herself again using passing mid-air boulder and shot another ninja. Then with her opposite hand and slit the throat of another ninja when she landed.

"Get more--GAAAHHHH!" Jolin snapped another man's neck with just her legs while aiming at another ninja.

There. All five ninjas who opposed her were gone. As for the other two with broken arms called for back up.

Eyes cold and merciless, Jolin took out her taser and tased both men before stabbing in both their eyes, their blood splattered over her. Screams erupted the mine, and Jolin watched them suffer on the ground in cruel satisfaction.

"So you're the rebellious kid, eh?" Someone said to her. Jolin turned calmly around to face a ninja.

'An A or S rank rouge ninja,' Jolin thought. 'Is he the boss? Well, no matter. He's going to be a dead one.'

Without a moment of hestitation, Jolin aimed and shot right at his neck, but the ninja had protective shield, so the bullet didn't work.

'I need to update my guns and tools,' Jolin though while throwing several bombs. 'I need a way to shoot a bullet through their Jutsus.'

The bombs shot out tiny spikes of poison and smoke, taking out several ninjas, while other ninjas dashed to safety. The children were unscathed, except for their whip marks. Jolin sneaked away behind a corner, letting the shadows conceal her presence.

As an assassin with no presence, the highest-skilled ninja couldn't find her. Even the blood on her made no difference. Her scent was like wind, and the blood splattered was all over the place. Jutsus could be avoided, and since the ninjas were in a mining facility, they couldn't use their Jutsus carelessly for fear of losing another man or worker (the twenty-eight kids).

Jolin watched as the children raced for cover. Others got caught by the ninjas to be used as human shields. She took out her gun and checked her bullets.

One, two, three.....only sixteen, huh?

'Well, never mind. I don't need it,' she thought.

Jolin took out her taser and knife and began climbing from her hiding spot. She rock-climbed up the walls, occasionally looking down to observe the scene below. Then, from above, she let go and landed right in the center of the ninjas and with concentrated speed and skill, she began stabbing every last one of those men without a drop of care or regret.

All for the sake of killing. For the sake of just staying on this path.

The path of being an assassin.

Jolin watched calmly as wave after wave of blood splattered prettily over her, the dead men falling, and the screams and cries of mercy. Jutsus didn't matter. Kill them before they even try.

In less than a second, Jolin had performed a bloody assassination on every last one of the ninjas. Except for the leader. Those who tried to leave were brutally tortured.

Jolin raised her taser and placed the tip right on the last subordinate ninja's eyes, watching coldly as he screamed.

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGGGNNN!!!!!!!" The ninja screamed in agony as she tased his eye. "Stop!!!!!!!"

Jolin didn't answer and gouged his eyes messily with her bare fingers, before taking out a lighter and watching him scream even more as the flame stopped the flesh around his empty eye sockets from bleeding.

Jolin then cut off his fingers, then his wrist, then his lower arms. She stood up, surveying all of those ninjas. Her tortures were different for each one.

Now, to deal with the ninja boss. Jolin cut off his fingers, raised the lighter to his flesh, and listened to him scream. The flame burned the tips of his fingers, but the blood stopped flowing.

"Stop.....please.....have m-mercy!" The ninja screamed as Jolin waved the lighter on his stubs.

Jolin eyed him coldly and knocked him out.