24: My Fate

Jolin's POV

"What do you mean?" I asked, worriedly. The surgeons and doctors littering the room stood stock still, not answering me.

"They mean you either undergo severe mental treatments and such for two years," someone said behind me. I turned around to see some important Tokyo official, wearing a business suit and tie. Good for him.

"Or they kill me. I get that already," I said calmly. "What I don't get is that why am I here if I am not in the treatment centers? Also, if I am a dangerous victim, why didn't you guys just hack my body to pieces and get rid of me?"

"Because Mr. Karasuma and Koro Sensei were quite insistent of keeping you alive," the man gritted out, annoyed. "You should be grateful and show some gratitude at least. Would you much rather die?"

"Yes, actually, if only my teachers didn't plead for my life."

"What?" Apparently, my reaction wasn't what this guys was looking or expecting for.

"People like me shouldn't exist, much less live. We should be dead for all I care," I said softly, looking up at the ceiling. "So what am I doing here in this Emergency Room? Shouldn't I be in a restraint room, or something?"

"We are going to stop your movements down first," one of the surgeons said behind me.

"And that would be how...?"

"Well, it's probably better if you don't know what we are going to do, isn't it?" He replied. I shrugged and listened to the visitors leave as I removed my clothing and let them examine me through a scan machine.

Afterwards, they strapped me down to the table and brought out their tools and such, preparing me for some sort of surgery. I felt several needles inset in my arms, and my body slackened on the table. I was weak and vulnerable.

"Sleep tight," a doctor murmured, watching my eyes close shut as the sedative kicked in.

Great.

After the surgery, I woke up in a hospital room. My father was nowhere to be seen, but at least Koro Sensei was in one of his "unique" forms of disguise of a yellow vase holding a purple rose my father had gotten for me.

And I'm all alone.

Like always.

Or maybe not.

I tried to sit up, but failed, feeling weak and tired. My entire body felt like someone had just chucked me into a cement-making machine then drag me around backwards feet first. I know, I have wonderful imaginations.

"Hiya Jolin," Koro Sensei greeted from the table, giving me his panoramic smile. "How are you feeling?"

"I just went through surgery, all tired out, and you're asking me how I feel?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, while looking upwards at the ceiling.

"Hmm, just peachy then?"

"I guess. Where's my dad?"

"Ah, he went with Mr. Karasuma to go sort things out with the Konoha elders about your situation," my former teacher said cheerily.

"What's going to happen to me?" I asked, shutting my eyes.

"You'll be sent back to Konoha and put under full surveillance while you're there. The Tokyo Government refuses to take you in, but are somewhat willing to 'fix' your problem for Konoha. What are they thinking, putting a child through such things!? Stupid people....." Koro Sensei muttered angrily, muttering to himself, while I fell asleep again.

Some time later.....

Author's POV

The look on Jolin's face when she heard where she was going after the hospital released her was a mixture of boredom and shock. How did she managed to pull that kind of reaction off will remain a mystery nobody cares.

Anyways, Jolin was staring at the Hokage, mainly because he just said that she will be put under Lord Fugaku Uchiha's surveillance, which also means living with him as well.

Without her father.

Well, that's sucks.

Jolin had not yet recovered from her initial shock, so when the Hokage was waiting for her answer, Jolin was still staring at him.

"Jolin Morino?" Lord Third called.

"Uh," she responded intelligently, snapping out her of thinking-state.  "I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

"I said you will be under Lord Fugaku Uchiha's care until they can deem you harmless to other people," Lord Third said again.

"How long can you estimate that will take?" I asked.

"Who knows? A year, perhaps. Two? Three?"

"I see."

"Regardless, of how long, you'll be moving into his family in a week."

"Yes sir. What about my father?"

"Your father will be sent on a long term mission, since those elders believe that you don't need him around. Frankly, I believe you should be under your father's care rather than someone outside your family," he said crossly. "Ibiki Morino is more than capable of restraining several A-rank rogue ninjas by himself."

"Maybe they're afraid that my father won't kill me when they order him to because I'm his daughter."

"That's right. Also, Uchihas are known for their coldness towards outsiders and cruelty for people they do not accept." He looked at her in the eye firmly. "Nevertheless, I believe you will survive. I believe that they won't kill you. And I believe that you'll be accepted by them, Uchiha or not."

"Thank you, Hokage-sama."

"Good luck, Jolin." Lord Third stood up, patted the girl's head, and left.

And that's how Jolin found herself hugging her father goodbye with Fugaku standing behind her, waiting. Ibiki sent a withering warning look towards Fugaku, before watching his daughter follow the Uchiha clan leader.

Fugaku silently led the girl down the streets and towards the Uchiha Compound. Nothing was said between them, and the other Uchihas stared at the newcomer. They had already been told that Jolin would be living with them. The strange ghost killer girl.

"While you are here, I expect you to understand the rules my family lives by," Fugaku finally said to Jolin just before entering the house.

"Yes sir."

"And above all, we will not hesitate to use necessary means to end your life."

"Yes sir. Understood sir."

"Hn." Fugaku opened the door, and Jolin followed, stepping into the household that would change her life.