14: My true face

Jolin's POV

Okay, when I say my bloodlust takes over, it's not like I go on a killing spree. My skills are enhanced, and my urge to kill is ten times stronger. In order to satisfy this need, I have to kill living humans. The scent and sight of blood can bring me to my senses. If I don't kill for long periods of time can cause me various problems.

I can probably go on for six weeks without spilling any blood. Then ever since I had reunited with my father, I can only go on for four weeks without spilling any blood.

So, how did this happen? I'm just a normal girl, right?

Well, you'll find out.

So after I had just knocked out the leader of the ninjas who were holding the kids captive, I turned to the twenty-eight children. My bloodlust faded, and I made sure all the children were there.

Author's POV

Meanwhile, Itachi and Shisui had just reached the mining site and had arrived to see thirty-seven dead men littering the floor of the mines and twenty-nine children, counting Jolin.

"Did she kill them all?" Shisui muttered questioningly, his Sharingan observing the scene below. "No.....there's one alive....."

"Let's go," Itachi murmured, entering the mining facility. His cousin followed, until they reached Jolin.

"Did you kill them?" Itachi asked softly. Jolin nodded.

"Why did you kill them?" Shisui asked Jolin who had kept her eyes trained on the children. She turned around.

"I was allowed to."

Itachi narrowed his eyes at her.

"What do you mean?" Shisui asked.

Jolin gave them her gentle smile, in fact, if it wasn't for the blood-stained clothes, the boys would have mistaken her for an innocent girl. She didn't act like a maniac, and her present actions betrayed what she had just done.

"No victim ever lives to see an assassin's true face," Jolin answers.

"I'll go get the Captain," Shisui suggested, leaving.

Itachi and Jolin then proceeded to led the children out. Jolin gently knocked the children one by one unconscious before treating their wounds. Not a single child would go near her after seeing her assassination.

By the time each child was treated carefully, Shisui had returned with Captain Fugaku and the rest of the team. Jolin stood around awkwardly, while Itachi and Shisui reported to Fugaku about what happened.

Jolin watched the men transfer the dead bodies into body bags and tell the Captain any necessary reports. Itachi stood nearby to make sure Jolin didn't do anything suspicious. She didn't move or speak.

Finally, Fugaku turned to Jolin. "Tell me in detail exactly what you did."

Jolin then proceeded to recount every thing that happened to her, from the kidnapping to the assassination.

"And why did you kill them?" Fugaku asked.

".....As a professional assassin, killing is my job. Hokage-sama ordered me to."

Fugaku gave her a long, hard stare before turning away. Jolin stood in silence, watching the men carrying the bodies away. If possible, the heavy tension between Jolin and Uchihas had gotten worse.

Fugaku reported back to the Land or Rice's mayor. The elderly mayor was grateful to have all the children back. All the kids were given back to their parents, and Captain Fugaku left with his team.

Jolin trudged along the path in silence. she could literally hear the unsaid whispers running through the Police Force. She didn't feel uncomfortable in her blood-crusted clothing, but Fugaku made her change. Now, with clean, fresh clothing, the familiar feeling of blood was gone.

Once the entire team had reached Konoha, they all went back to the Hokage's office. Fugaku gave the report, pointing out the fact Jolin was the one who did the killing.

"Well done, Fugaku," the Hokage praised. "As for you, Jolin, based on the report, you did exactly what I told you to do. Well done. Ibiki, you should be proud of your daughter."

"Thank you sir," Jolin and her father responded.

"Alright then. Jolin, Iruka has something to inform you, so you might want to run to the Academy," the Hokage said.

"Hai. Thank you very much for allowing me participate on this mission, sir," Jolin spoke respectfully to Lord Third. "And thank you sir for letting me have the honor of joining your team," she said to Fugaku. She bowed and left the room. Ibiki bowed and followed her.

Fugaku stayed in the room for another brief moment before leading his team outside and back to the Uchiha Police Force building. As they left, Itachi and Shisui noticed Ibiki hugging his daughter in an alleyway, lifting her off the ground in secret praise and joy.

But what caught the boys' attention the most was Jolin.

Her face was bright and happy. No signs of a cold blooded murder. In fact, she looked far from being an assassin.

Itachi has seen assassin after assassin, either crazed or silent, all claiming to be professionals. After their performances, he knew they all were. However, when there wasn't any work, they acted like they didn't have a life when they were done.

But Jolin was different. Itachi couldn't see the heartlessness in her. When he and Shisu had entered that mining site, they could see the cruelty she had done on those men. Now, they couldn't see that anymore.

He and his cousin watched as Ibiki whispered something to her, and Jolin smiled brightly and hugged him even tighter. Ibiki smiled gently and set her back down on the ground. Jolin said something to her father before leaving the alleyway and towards the Academy.

"What's wrong, Itachi, Shisui?" Fugaku asked them. Itachi faced forward again.

"Nothing, Father. Let's go."