11: My worst nightmare

Okay.

Remember when I mentioned about something really scary?

Well, actually, something I find really scary to me.

I mentioned somewhere a couple days ago if that particular scenario ever happened to me, it would be labeled as "my worst nightmare."

Remember it now?

Yeah? Are the cogwheels turning?

"Jolin, one of the police force teams have accepted to take the mission you signed up a few days ago," Ijuro told me. "I hear they are from the Uchiha Police Force."

I think my face went pale. "How many people are on the team?" I asked stiffly.

"Not including you, fourteen. That's a standard Police Force team when attending missions outside the village," my boss explained. "Anyways, Lord Fugaku, the current head of the Uchiha clan, will be personally in this team."

If it was possible, I think my blood just completely drained from my head. The Lord of Stares had just decided to make my life complete misery.

"And he wants to meet you tomorrow morning at 7:00 am," Ijuro added. "He is the captain of the team as well, so I suggest you don't upset him."

"Hai."

"Go get some rest and be at the Hokage's office before 7:00," were my chief's last words. I bowed and left, feeling terror kicking in.

".....I'm deep trouble."

The next morning, my father and I walked to the Hokage's building, feeling hundreds of stares from all those Uchihas on the streets. It took everything I had not to turn my head to look straight back at any of them.

My father walked me into the office (after that semi-formal introduction everyone does before entering a high ranking official) and stood to the side of the office. I stood next to him silently, my weapons and gear strapped on.

By the way, Koro Sensei and Class E were kind to mail me a couple of weapons. So for this mission, I brought

A gun (to shoot somebody's brains out)

A knife (to stab someone)

A taser (...to tase someone...)

A bunch of tiny bombs ( that pack a punch.)

And my bloodlust (No comment)

I also wore my favorite dark green hoodie, jeans, climbing shoes, and my weapon belts to hold my weapons. I had the knife strapped sideways to the back of my waist, the taser was strapped to my right arm inside my sleeve, the bombs were in my left sleeve, and the gun was strapped to my left hip.

I am totally ready.

Then came in the fourteen Uchihas who turned to look at me.

I am so not ready!

I recognized the head of the Uchiha clan as the same person who sat next to me. His name is Fugaku Uchiha. He is really intimidating.

I can already see this is going to be a long mission.....

"Ah, since you all are here," Lord Third began. "I believe I can brief you all about your mission. The captain of this mission is Fugaku, and the last member of your group will be Jolin Morino, Ibiki's daughter."

Fourteen pairs of black eyes turned to look at me.

Why did you mention me? Whyyyyy?!

"She is our best assassin from under Chief Ijuro, and she will be coming along on this mission," the Hokage continued.

"With all due respect, I believe this mission is not necessary to have the child join us," the captain spoke up.

Yes! Please reject me! Send me home!

I was mentally doing cheers in hopes of being removed from the mission. But if I say it out-loud, I'll feel as though I've let my father down. I don't want to do that.

So....please take me.

"Fugaku, let me put it this way," the Hokage said. "This missions is to protect the people in the Land of Rice. Since you bear the title as the Police Force, those people will accept your help more than regular ninjas. On the other hand, you won't be allowed to kill without an order from the higher ups. Therefore, in order to make sure the people give their trust to you, I sent one of the best assassins to go kill anyone who interferes with your work or with the safety of those people."

"I understand. Forgive me," Fugaku replied, giving a bow.

Although I could tell he didn't like a child like me on the team, I respected him for being able to see if from the Hokage's point of view.

"Dismissed."

"Meet us at the gate in five minutes," Fugaku said to me shortly. I nodded, watching all the men leave the room.

"Come back in one piece, Kid," my father said, patting my head. I nodded and left quickly, running to the gate.

Believe me, I was scared to death at the though of teaming up with fourteen people who didn't seem to match well with me, but this was a job.

"I see you are on time," Fugaku's voice cut the silence from behind me. I whirled around to face him, and I could see the distrust in his facial expression. "You are an assassin, so I expect you to carry out your part of the mission."

"Hai."

"Kill anyone who tries to hurt the villagers and report to me every hour."

"Hai." He may not like me, but he realizes, he doesn't have to. He just has to use my abilities and get the job done.

"Let's go!" The entire group dashed down the road and towards the Land of Rice.

As I was running, I felt a certain sensation rushing through me.

Bloodlust coursed throughout my body, but I kept it in.

There's no need to warn my enemies I am coming. My bloodlust can be sensed hundreds of miles away, so I held it in. I am a professional assassin, after all.

Not a child, nor a kid.

I am a killer, not an amuetur.

This isn't a joke to me. None of my jobs and assassinations are.

I do this to keep living.

Taking lives is my job.

Not for money and not for pleasure.

Just for the sake of killing.

"Don't slow us down," Fuagku warned me before leading the team in the right direction.

Nothing matters anymore.

I am no longer an innocent little girl.

I am a monster.