2: A new beginning

Jolin's POV

I spotted two ninjas wearing green vests behind the desk stationed beside the village gates.

"Oi wake up!" One of the Chunins shook the other awake. Are they are on guard duty? They're not doing a good job..... "Someone might come soon for the list!" They must be talking about the list of people who have passes and enter the village.

I walked right up to the two Chunins, but they still didn't notice me. Actually, I'm used to not being seen. I guess the ANBU back then noticed me right away.

"Excuse me?" I called out hesitantly. Both Chunin freaked out (Jolin is like Kuroko from "Kuroko no Basket") when they heard me and didn't notice me until I spoke up.

"Where did you come from?!" One of them asked.

".....I'm from Kunugigaoka Junior High School.....and here is my pass." I removed my pass from my neck and handed it to them.

"Ah! You must be.....Jo...lin, right?" One of them said with a bandage over his nose. In addition to the green best with a read swirl on the back, he had a forehead protector with the Leaf symbol.

"Hai."

"Welcome to Konoha! I'm Kotetsu and this is Izumo!" The guy said cheerfully.

"...hello..."

"Not much of a talker, eh? You took us by surprise!" The other Chunin, Izumo exclaimed.

"...isn't it your job to...notice people when they come in?" I asked awkwardly. The silence froze around us for a minute.

"Um, yeah! But we didn't even notice you were--" Izumo slapped his hand over his partner and laughed loudly.

"Don't worry about it! We won't let this village be stormed by intruders, so have no worries!" Izumo said.

"Yeah! So in here, you'll be absolutely safe!" Kotetsu added, both of them laughing.

"O-okay," I said slowly, nodding. "I'll just...go on in?" I said my sentence almost in a question. They didn't hear me, but it was fine.

"Anyways, see that tall red building over there? The one that says 'fire' there?" I nodded. "Go right there and show 'em your pass, okay?" Izumo explained, pointing to the building.

"Thank you," I said politely, giving them a bow and making my way through the streets. As I walked away, I heard them talking about how they didn't notice me at all.

"...didn't even see..."

"...took me by surprise!"

"...need...work harder..."

The nice thing about being not seen often was that no one would give me the awkward stares. It makes me want to vomit sometimes.

However, a couple people did see me. They also wore green vests and forehead protectors, but another common trait all of them had was they wore a red and white fan symbol somewhere on their clothing. It was scary. (Yup, Jolin has been spotted by the noble Uchiha clan.)

I walked even faster and made it to the red building the gatekeepers were telling me about. (It's the Hokage building.)

Anyways, everything should be easy right? Show my pass to the Hokage and meet my father. Sounds easy enough.

One problem: I had no idea where in the world the Hokage's office was!

I have a difficult time trying to talk to people, so I turned to the first person who had on a green vest with a forehead protector.

"Excuse me?" I said uncertainly, looking at a guy who had silver hair and his attire covering most of his face except for his right eye.

"Hm?" He looked up from his book he was reading.

"I'm supposed to go the Hokage's office, and I don't know where that is. Could you show me or tell me?" I asked quietly. I expected him to tell me to repeat what I said, but to my surprise he just stood up and held out his hand.

"Do you have a pass?" I gave it to him and he scanned it over lazily with his uncovered eye. "Oh. Lord Third, the current Hokage, is expecting you. Come over here." He gave me back my pass and led me around the building.

The man stopped a door in the second floor and knocked. We heard a 'come in' from inside, so he opened the door.

"There you go. Hokage-sama?" The guy called and pushed open the door, letting me see the office. Another ninja with a green vest and forehead protector stood beside the large desk with files and paperwork looked up to see me.

"Hello, Kakashi. No, Hokage-sama isn't here. He's at a meeting with the Elders," the man replied, organizing paperwork. "And who is this?" The man asked friendly.

"This is Jolin, Ibiki's kid," the guy, Kakashi answered. "Jolin, this is one of the Academy teachers, Iruka."

"Hello--"

"Wait, Ibiki's child?!" Iruka yelped. Kakashi looked at him amused, while Iruka shook in fear and disbelief. I blinked.

What's wrong with him?