25: My new family

Jolin's POV

"Here you go!" Mikoto handed me a bowl of rice while siting down at the table. Fugaku went to the police station, while I stayed at the house, eating a lay dinner. Sasuke was out training with Itachi, so only Mikoto and I were at home.

"Ah, thank you," I said dutifully, accepting the bowl. I took the chopsticks and began eating.

Do you ever feel the uneasiness when someone stares at you when you eat? I hate that.

"Jolin."

"Yes?"

"Tell me about yourself," the lady of the house said brightly.

"Um, what do you want to know?" I asked, setting down my bowl.

"Anything, everything!" She responded, leaning forward.

"Well, I'm an assassin, I passed the Konoha assassins tests quickly, I traveled around a lot, and do missions with many different assassins who haul me around," I said quickly.

"I see! What's being an assassin like?" This lady must be "information-crazy" if she wants to know what my job or occupation is like.

"Killing a people with a written contract, I suppose," was my answer. "If my clients want someone dead, I'd kill them."

"Oh....." Mikoto said thoughtfully. We continued talking for some time before I finished eating and began helping Mikoto with her house chores. A few hours later, Itachi and Sasuke came home, and half an hour afterwards, Fugaku came home.

"Jolin, we need to talk."

"Yes sir." Sasuke was whisked into bed, and Itachi kept him company. I followed Fugaku and Mikoto into an empty room and sat on the mat before them.

"Jolin. Everyday, you will go to the academy with Sasuke. Afterwards, you are to come straight home. Do whatever homework you may have, then at four in the afternoon, you will be taken the police station and be interrogated then have the mental therapy session. Finally, when that is through, come back here at once. You will be guarded at all times, and if you attempt killing someone, understand we will show no mercy to end your life."

"Yes sir."

Fugaku said nothing more, so I excused myself and went o the guest room I would be staying in.

Hello, new life. Why can't someone just kill me?!

Oh wait, that's right.

My inner self decided it would be a great idea to "implant" something called "self-pilot."

If someone were to attack me, my body (controlled by my inner self) would defended my body.

Same thing happens with attempt suicide.

I've tried hanging. I couldn't even tie on the rope.

I've tried cutting. Ha, my inner self didn't let me able to cut myself.

I've tried taking drugs, pills, and such. Only managed to get a painful headaches and stomaches.

I've tried shooting myself. I couldn't pull the trigger.

Basically, I learned that if I die, she dies too. That's why I used to try so hard to kill myself.

I flopped on the futon and groaned.

I hate life even more now.

Next morning, I was up by 4:00 AM. Sasuke was already up, doing his morning workout routine in order to be a strong ninja like his brother.

Heh, the kid really admires his older brother.

At 5:00 AM, Sasuke and I left the house and went to school. We did our work, ate lunch, and participated in PE. By 2:00 PM, Sasuke and I went back home. Sauske went out to the woods with Shisui, and I went home to do some schoolwork.

An hour later, I cleaned up and headed towards the police station.

I miss my father's workplace. It was a lot more darker and warmer than the Uchiha's station.

Anyways, I entered the building, was taken to an empty room, and asked several questions.

"Any urges?"

"No sir."

"I see."

Pretty normal.

Then, I was taken to the mental therapy session.

"Any urges?"

"No ma'am."

"Alright then."

Good for me.

I headed back home, but Sasuke spotted me.

"Hey, Jolin! Want to come and join us?"

"Sure." I have nothing better to do anyways.

I followed Sasuke towards the woods. We found Itachi being pinned to the ground by his cousin.

"New game! New game!" Sasuke yelled, waving his arms at his cousin.

"Okay, hi Jolin!" Shisui greeted, waving at me.

"Hello."

"Jolin and Itachi one team, and me and Sasu-pie another team," Shisui directed, earning a yell from Sasuke at his nickname.

"Fine by me," Itachi responded.

"Okay."

"So we have to get Itachi's forehead protector. Two against two! Go!" Shisui yelled, lunged at Itachi, swiping at his forehead protector. Itachi leaped back, intending to run away from his pursuer. I aided him, hitting Shisui back, and Sasuke wrestled me from behind.

We all played in the woods a little bit before heading back home. Shisui headed towards his own house, and the rest of us went to the Uchiha's head clan home.

"We should do it again some time!" Sasuke whispered to me as we slipped to the bathroom to clean up.

"Yeah," I agreed, smiling.

Maybe staying here wouldn't be so bad after all.