20: Uchiha curiosity

Jolin's POV 

It's been two days and one night already, and I've killed seven grown men and kidnapped four more others. Fugaku seems pretty satisfied with my work, and we only have approximately eight more hours before reaching home. 

"Jolin." Fugaku called me up from the front of the group. I heeded to his order and walked beside him. We walked a little ways away from the rest of the team. 

"Yes sir?" 

"Tell me, what connection do you have with my son Sasuke?" He asked. 

Oh the joy. 

"Sir, I am his classmate," I answered stiffly, freaking out and panicking in my head. "Iruka Sensei paired us up as partners, and we are working on a project together." 

Is he going to kill me?! 

"Is Ibiki Morino your biological father?" 

Not the question I expected.....but whatever. 

"Yes sir." 

"Your mother?" 

"Ai Hanee." 

Fugaku continued questioning me about my background, my life, and my current status in Konoha. I answer his questions as best as I can, before he falls silent and just keeps walking. 

Well, that was awkward. 

I slowly started to slink towards the back of the line, waiting for Fugaku to either come kill me or call me back to kill me easily. 

If it wasn't awkward before, it is now. 

After walking for four more hours, Fugaku told us to take a break. 

"Jolin, go watch the prisoners," Fugaku ordered. I complied and stood guard with three other Uchihas. 

The silence is killing meeeeee.....

Nobody moved.

Not even an inch. 

Come on people! Start talking! Making something up! Do something! Do anything!

I mentally screamed at the Uchihas. 

As if on cue, the three turned to stare at me. 

I kept a straight face and looked right back at the nearest Uchiha staring. 

.....which was probably not a good idea because the Uchiha turned out to be  Itachi.

He stared right back, not glaring, but his stare was just as bad. 

Sasuke.....your brother is really scaring right now. At least the younger brother isn't a staring Uchiha. 

Anyways, I couldn't take the staring anymore, so I turned and looked at the boy next to Itachi. 

Let's see..... it's Shisui, Itachi's older cousin. 

He kept his own straight face while staring at me.

.....if it wasn't awkward and silent enough, it most definitely was now. 

Luckily, one of the prisoners fell over. 

"Ugh," the man groaned, trying to right himself. I was about to help him, when Shisui suddenly appeared next to me and held me back. 

"No don't," the Uchiha said, a strange smile on his face. "Just watch him." 

I obeyed and stood back, watching with interest. 

"Hey! Someone help me!" The ninja yelled, trying to sit up properly. Nobody moved and just watched their new "staring-victim."