Whilst Hailey tried to focus, a winged, skeletal figure of great size suddenly formed from the merged bodies of the renegades around them; it was a great tower of at least twenty foot high, a corpse of pure darkness. Athena tried to dispatch it with the power she has been using all this time, but even this small power was insufficient to fell an enemy of this magnitude; Oriana merely roared at the beast in her white lion form before she tried to pounce on it, only to be slapped away like a fly.

Casting a chant, Athena caught Oriana mid-air with her spell and teleported her within the barrier, just before the young teen caught herself returning to her human form; the force from that mere slap took a great toll on her body. There was a bruise on the length of her arm as she sat on the ground whilst gritting her teeth at the pain; Athena did not hesitate to chant a recuperative spell on her whilst she kept her other powers working – defence, offence, and the shield that was keeping them safe.

"Ah, that stung!" Oriana groaned as she got up just as the recuperative spell finished boosting her regenerative ability. As she stood up, she looked at the monster that seemed to be breathing in air, but not air at the same time; small white orbs from all directions suddenly entered its mouth and lit up its body by a small portion, which caused Scott to get on his feet. "What is it doing?"

"You need to stop that thing!" Scott yelled as Athena turned to him, a little confused, "Stop it before it's too late!"

"Stop it?" Oriana queried as she tilted her head whilst keeping her eye on the monster, "It doesn't look like it's doing any harm to me."

"Fool! It's devouring the souls nearby!" Scott exclaimed as Oriana's eyes widened at the realisation, she was about to change into a creature, but a whiff of air zoomed past her from behind. Without a second thought, Athena had rushed out of the barrier and unsheathed her sword, ready to slice the monster with just one blow; before she could unless her attack, the masked man got in the way and caught her sword's attack, that triggered a wave of air upon the impact.

"Did you really think you could win this?" the man asked as Athena pushed his scythe back that had her land on one of the tip of the trees, "Even if we cannot penetrate the barrier you have created around the gate, we still have ways to exit it!"

Clicking her tongue, Athena's frustration rose up and made her attack the masked man in her vex; she has had enough of his intervention and wanted it to end as quickly as possible. His interference has irked her for the last time and she was close to going all out on him; casting a floating chant on herself, she engaged her target head on, colliding scythe and sword in a dance of death.

Swords crossed and communicated in force, the two danced with grace and versatility, yet deadly with each blow they traded; Athena was quick on her advances and led her enemy to nothing by parries and blocks. Her opponent was cautious as he was nimble in the air, which left them a great amount of space to fight, without anything to get them cornered and what not; but Athena has grown impatient, chanting quick spells to seal her opponent's movements before she stabbed him through the heart.

"It's over," Athena whispered as the masked man merely held her sword by the blade and pulled himself out like it did not hurt. It confused her at first, but did not seemed surprise, aware that her foe was a spirit that did not have a body like the rest she had dispatched, but there was something special about this spirit that caught her attention; the cut she had opened on its chest emitted a white light before it eventually closed itself.

"You cannot simply defeat me like that, fallen one," he spoke, "I am not some mere spirit that you can kill with the end of your dull blade," he mocked as he took the initiative of the fight that caught Athena by surprise as she raised her sword to catch his scythe, "I am invincible."