Concurrent

"It is only through mystery and madness that the soul is revealed." – Thomas Moore

"What?"

"Are you on drugs or something?"

"I'm not!"

Hailey stood there and examined her; there was a distinct lack of wrong in her eyes that she was inclined to believe her. Tilting her head to the side, she crossed her arms and tried to figure out what was going on with her; she could not understand what she was rambling about – a small round wisp that she failed to see.

Sweat trickled down the sides of her temples as much as her palms began to moisten. Katherine knew that it was there and yet she knew it was not; it was a conflict inside her head that she cannot take a side on.

Shaking her head, she took deep breaths to calm herself as she tried to reduce the rapid beat of her heart; there was an anxiety inside her that she cannot quite understand. Looking around, she tried to do one more sweep of the place before she deemed herself sane; thankfully, the small white orb was nowhere in sight.

"You should go rest," Hailey suggested as she returned to sit on the grass, then closed her eyes to resume her meditation.

Katherine stood there, unmoving, "What about you? Don't you need sleep, fae?"

"I'm not sleepy, wolf," Hailey replied calmly as she took deep solemn breaths.

Katherine took a step closer, "What are you doing anyway?"

"Why so many questions?" Hailey sighed without turning around, "Are you that bored that you find me so amusing to annoy?"

Katherine was taken aback, "That's not why I-"

"Then what?" Hailey interrupted her as she looked over her shoulder and examined the shocked expression across her face that nearly looked cute to her, "As I recall, you don't want me in your business."

Katherine hung her head and looked away in shame, "I'm sorry about that."

"Anything else you want to tell me?" Hailey questioned her as she sensed the guilt in her; the look in her eyes was nearly sullen that she had to urge to pry and touch her shoulder for a better understanding of her feelings.

Katherine clenched her fist, "I shouldn't have disturbed you," she sighed and turned around, unable to face the guilt inside her – an emotion she did not wish to feel that moment, "Goodnight, fae."

Walking away, Katherine sighed mentally as she chided herself for almost having an argument with her; she did not wish to have one with her after all, she did save her – twice she might add. She was being ungrateful to her than anything else and she did not like it at all; it was never her intention to appear as such, but she felt as though she was a different person for some reason.

How or why, she knew not.

She seems a little down, Hailey commented as she watched Katherine disappear behind her when she rounded the corner; she never meant to be rude, but she could not help it. The shocked look on her face nearly made her giggle, but she did not; none would appreciate a sadistic faerie after all.

"Yeah I know," Hailey spoke to none in particular as she sighed, then closed her eyes just as a soft breeze blew past her to signal her time for another meditation, "I'm sorry about that," she whispered as Katherine faintly heard her speak; it made her look over her shoulder for a second and raise a brow. "How long do I have to do this again?"

Taking a step back, she turned about and silently made her way back to the forest entrance where she heard Hailey groan in the distance; it made her wonder who she talked to when she did not see nor smell anyone nearby. Leaning against the building wall, she took a deep breath just to clarify that there were in fact none nearby and her sense did prove true – it was only Hailey there.