Grey Eyes

"Who are you?"

There was no reply.

"What are you doing here?"

Only silence spoke.

Katherine stood there with an arm before Hailey, who does not seem bothered by the man's presence; she was not really interested in him as much as they could not see his entire face, but merely his eyes. There was a bandana over his mouth that told Katherine that he was not someone to pick a bone with.

Their eyes stared at him as he took a step forward that nearly made Katherine growl; there was instinct inside her – something she knew, but could not unleash. Sweat trickled down the sides of her temples as anxiety began rising from the bowels of her stomach and up to her chest; there was fear inside her, but not in her companion.

Grass crunched as he took another step closer to them as his dark blue eyes remained straight, unwavering. Hailey dropped her arms as she examined Katherine; she can see something in her eyes that made her smirk, but could only shake her head mentally – it was unnecessary to her.

She does not need her protection.

"Stay back!" Katherine let out a soft growl which was neither convincing nor intimidating; she did not seem fierce as much as her instincts were. Hailey pocketed her hands as she examined the man in his overalls; there was something about him that she cannot put her finger on as much as Katherine thinks his dangerous.

The man was almost half-way to them as his eyes remained listless, unreadable, lost; Katherine kept her stance as he got nearer, closer and closer which made her grit her teeth. Her fist turned into a ball as the man was finally two feet away from them; he was taller than they had anticipated, probably at least six foot tall.

"Rose."

Rose?

Katherine raised a brow completely bewildered by what he had said; was that his name? She knew not. She kept her stance as he got closer which made her pulse shoot up even higher in anxiety; there was need inside her to fight him for no apparent reason, simply just for the fun of it.

The man took another step and as finally stood in front of the blonde with grey eyes, who glared back into his listless blue ones. He locked his gaze at her as he slowly bent down and removed his gaze on her; he tapped her foot as Katherine raised her other brow in confusion.

"You're stepping on the rose," he spoke as he gently tapped her foot again, "Move."

Hailey smothered her laughter as she looked at Katherine, who had her hand on her nape with red across her face as she did as she was told; the blush on her face was cute as much as her overprotectiveness, but it only made Hailey giggle. The blonde simply frowned at her as she tried not to be even more embarrassed.

"W-where are we?" Katherine stuttered as she tried not to feel embarrassed.

The man took the rose she stepped on and looked up at her, "You're in a field of flowers."

"Yes, I am aware of that," Katherine sighed, "But, where is this field?"

He stood up and placed the rose in his breast pocket, "Aren't you a student at the thing nearby?"

"Thing?" Katherine raised a brow, but caught on what he meant, "Oh, yeah, we're students of the Faris Institution."

He took out a small pair of garden sheers and walked past her, "No, shit."

Hailey looked around as she tried to figure out where the institution was; they stood on a flat ground, but they cannot see the mountain. The mountain could serve as a guide as to where they need to venture to return to the Institution; they can go home, but she did not wish to.