Precautions

Hailey is mine.

Head in a daze, Hailey stared blankly at her open notebook as her pen already left the light hold of her fingers. The sound of its fall on the smooth white stripes woke her from her brief recollection. Instead of picking up her pen, she placed her finger onto it and rolled it with her forefinger whilst her mind resumed its daydream.

Sighing, she cupped her face as she wiped it after with both hands; biting her lip as she tried not to sigh. Her mind cannot seem to erase those words that Katherine left with her two days ago; she was quite shaken by what she had done and claimed her, when it should have been the other way around.

Wolves can choose a mate, but they can also be refused - something that rarely happens when they have been bound.

Leaning back, her chair stood on its rear feet as she held the table to prevent her fall whilst her head flung back to look at the ceiling, trying hard to forget what happened between the two of them. Swinging her chair slightly, her mind could not seem to sway her thoughts and even as she thought about what happened during the incident, she could not.

Katherine somehow manages to crawl into her thoughts that made her heartbeat race, which almost made her let go of her grip on the table; her chair dropped forward that made her yelp for a second from the sudden jolt. It even increased her own heart's pace from the instance.

Your mind is distorted, child.

"You don't say," Hailey whispered as she crossed her arms on her empty notebook and rested her head on her arms.

You're thinking too much of that girl.

"I'm not."

Hailey, you should be wary of that girl.

"Why should I?" Hailey questioned weakly, nearly uninterested.

She's getting too close to you - far too much if you ask me. I shouldn't remind you why.

"You don't have to tell me that," Hailey whispered as she recalled the last time she had been warned. "I know my own consequences."

Burying her face into her arms, Hailey mentally sighed as she recalled that dark evening, at how everything went downhill too quickly; she could not do anything other than stare at death take away a life most precious to her.

The rapid beat of her heart slowed in an instant as flashbacks of the memory invaded her thoughts; his smile, his hair flying in the autumn wind and his eyes that glimmered gold under the sunset. The way his presence comforted her that day, warmed her heart to no end and how nonchalant he held her hand nearly made it perfect.

"I'll always be here for you, Sheppy."

His words rang in her ears that finally tipped the cup of her tears as a single bead escaped her eye, which she immediately brushed aside as she got up and took a deep breath to push aside her thoughts; she did not wish to recall that now as the moon was close to a full.

Walking towards the window, she leant against the wall whilst looking out to the sky and noted the crescent moon; it was marvellous on its own, but the power it blessed them with was prominent as she felt it. The burn on her skin had already subsided and appeared as though it never existed either, but a part of her wished it never left for some reasons.

The thought of Katherine's rescue made her smile as she recalled that moment she felt as though she would be burnt t crisp; the element was not hers to command and she did not expect that to happen. She did not anticipate for anyone to actually come to her rescue, aware that all of their powers were forbidden once the weekdays began; there were certain hours when they could not use it - often barred by dawn.