Reparable

"The mind is a universe and can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven." - John Milton

"Is she still at it?"

"Yep."

"Do you mind if I gave her my laundry too?"

Rolling her eyes, Jesslyn looked at Cecilia with a frown on her lips as the master mage just chuckled at her comedic face. Her jest did not seem to appeal to Jesslyn, who peered through her binoculars once again whilst they stood by the edge of the forest.

It was Sunday and the month of September ended; October greeted them mildly with a slightly chilly breeze with a hint of rain. They stood there as the observed Jesslyn's apartment from afar and watched Katherine clean the windows in her half-shifted form; it was an oddly curious sight.

"I still think she wants to go back to the dorms too," Cecilia spoke as she ran her hand through her hair, "It's fairly obvious after Hailey moved out."

Jesslyn nodded, "I know that, but I can't grant her permission because of her current state."

"You spoil her too much," Cecilia smirked as Jesslyn shot her a quick glare, "You should let her stand on her feet and allow her to deal with it," she spoke her mind, "She seems to be willing to adapt to it."

Jesslyn sighed, "I'm not comfortable with the idea of her always in half shift."

"Ford's men can handle it," Cecilia told her in a matter-of-fact tone, "They're more competent than they seem."

Jesslyn stopped looking through her binoculars, "I don't doubt that, but I'm just concerned."

"So," Cecilia chirped, "Let Kathie go and adapt," she suggested as Jesslyn shook her head with a frown, "It's only for three weeks, Jessie," she placed a hand on her shoulder to assure her, "She'll be fine once the full moon heals her."

Staring at her friend, Jesslyn took a deep breath and let out a soft sigh, then nodded silently as she looked up at her apartment window; she can already imagine how Katherine's everyday life would be once she was released from her supervision. She can only hope that she would recover as they hoped during the full moon in three weeks.

Truth be told, she was completely against Hailey's return to her dorm. It would be at a different room, but still, she did not wish for her to leave; at least, not this soon. The danger outside remains at large - regardless how small it may be; she wanted to keep them safe regardless of what the threat was.

"I still don't condone Hailey's decision," Jesslyn spoke as she stared at Katherine's retreating figure, "But I am willing to let them decide their own path."

Cecilia observed, "Will you be able to protect them?" she questioned as she noted the light in her eyes - a light she knew well enough. "Regardless of how far apart they are or how battered you're body has become?"

"As if both can stop me," Jesslyn chuckled as Cecilia smiled, "You should know what I'm capable of."

Cecilia laughed out loud, "You don't have to remind me."

"I've always wondered," Jesslyn spoke as she crossed her arms, "If you've encountered the clan before."

Cecilia hummed, "I would've thought by now you knew about my history."

"Abnormal memory loss," Jesslyn replied as Cecilia hummed again, "People somehow have them whenever we investigate so we never bothered."

Cecilia sighed, "What a shame."