"Chica, I-"

"Enough, Art!" Katherine raised her voice as she turned to him with fury in her eyes; Art looked at her with sadness in his that nearly looked as though Katherine was yelling at a puppy, "If you don't want to help me then fine, but I don't want to ever see you again!"

"Zander died, Kathie."

Silence fell upon them as the fury in Katherine's eyes slowly dissipated; her furrowed brows calmed itself to a straight as she stared at him, unsure what to say. How could he die... again? she thought as she stared at him, asking more questions than she can hope to answer. Slowly, she looked away from him as she felt her chest heave deep air, unsure what to feel about the news that she just heard.

"How," Katherine mumbled, "Can a spirit die again?"

Art nodded slowly, "We watched him wither into nothing."

"Hailey," Katherine spoke softly, "How did she take it?"

Art shook his head, "She was blinded by rage and eventually you two fought, then we got caught and now you're here."

"So, it's my fault," Katherine exhaled in disbelief before she bit her tongue at the thought, then gritted her teeth whilst anger slowly built up inside her that the cage where her powers were trapped shook; the werewolf within her was thrashing around like a rabid dog looking for his taste of blood for supper. Clenching her fist, Katherine turned to Art and said; "Climb on, Art. We have things to do."

Seeing the calm in her eyes, Art merely nodded and walked towards her as she bent down for him to climb onto her back, whilst she brought Alexis to her front; she did not wish to squish her body between them, aware that she was carrying sharp object in her thick Lolita and gothic style clothing. Once Art settled, Katherine sprinted forward at the drop of hat; it made Art cling onto her neck tight enough for her to breath.

"Kathie," Art spoke as he felt the wind against his face as Katherine zoomed past everything; their destination ever closer by a second as much as the horde of enemies were in sight. "You can't fight all of those alone, so please, just drop us off somewhere so we won't get in your way."

Looking around, Katherine found nothing in the waste empty space to leave them; it was just a wide plain between them where the grass could not be any greener. Thunder boiled in the distance as lightning challenged the earth. Katherine did not wish to involve them, but if she left them somewhere, there was a chance they could be captured and used against her like Hailey had been, and she did not wish for that to happen; on the other hand, if she brought them with her, there is a chance that she can protect both of them since Alexis was immobile and was doubtful that the enemy would pay attention to nothing but a corpse.

"Art," Katherine spoke, "Can you get Alexis's sword?"

Art titled his head for a bit before he grabbed the protruding blade off the sleeping assassin, then unsheathed it from the scabbard tied around the girl's waist. The sword was light in his hand that it almost felt as though it was a feather, but was heavy enough to deal a lot of damage; he caught a few glimpses of Alexis's fight earlier and was certain that this sword truly packed a punch however small it may seem.

"I can't leave you somewhere," Katherine spoke as she stormed even faster as her heartbeat hastened to the flow of the wind, "But I know you can at least swing that sword until we reach the gate."

Swallowing his spit, Art merely nodded and gripped the sword tight as he heard Katherine roar forward; her eyes beamed a bright yellow with fire burning around the edges. He could see the fight in her, the drive that kept her forward, but wondered if it was truly enough. Closer and closer, their enemies finally saw their approach; inhuman screeches erupted amongst the sea of dark winged human forms, but skeletal in figures; the rear most line of fighters turned to intercept them, believing they were enough.