Newt Request

Requested by emmie_dubdub
"maybe you can do that y/n and Newt are in the scorch, and Newt is very protective and always stays by her side :)"
Yup, here we go again
---
~~~This will be more based off the movie~~~

You had just escaped W.I.C.K.E.D and filed out into the sandy earth, running up a steep hill. Thomas, Teresa, and Minho were on your right, Newt, Aris, Winston, and Frypan on your left. The world was vacant, filled with sand and the remains of old buildings that haven't been completely destroyed. The world had become this big sandbox, now filled with creatures and people in one.
"...Wow" Newt breathed out, the scene capturing all of your guy's thoughts.
"Well what's your plan now shank?" Minho asked Thomas which resulted in all of you to turn towards Thomas
"Well...uh...," he trailed looking around "How about we go to that building over there, see if anything or anyone is there" he stated starting to walk away from us.
"Looks like we're following him" Teresa stated sounding a bit sarcastic.

So you guys started your way. The building that felt really close from the sandy hill was, in reality, farther away than thought. As you guys were walking, Newt came up to you.
"Hey y/n" he stated wrapping his arm around your waist. You blushed a little and replied "H-hi Newt"
Newt and you were...different. You guys would constantly flirt with each other but neither one of you had the guts to go up to the other and say something. Even though Newt was a flirt, he was really really kind. He always made sure you were ok in the glade. If you had the tiniest of scars he would rush you over to the Med-Jacks so they could get a band-aid for you immediately.

Newt was such a nice guy and you really loved him.
"So y/n, are you ok, do you need anything"
"No I'm fine Newt, thanks" you replied leaning your head on his shoulder. Soon you guys reached the destroyed and somewhat decaying building.
"Let's go look inside" Thomas stated keeping his ground and staying alert. The building seemed to resemble some type of...mall your guessing, with escalators and different sections. Sections that would've been stores had it not been for the scorch that destroyed the earth. Thomas decided you guys should split up so Minho, Newt, and you went with him and Teresa went with the rest of the guys. She kind of gave you a side glance and nudged you towards Newt. You blushed when you hit his body and tried to apologize. He simply laughed and brought you closer to him, your face burning. You turned to look at Teresa, who gave you 2 thumbs up and a wink.

Once you guys went separate ways, you both looked for supplies that could help you. You guys had found some clothes to change into. You had found some old boots and dusted them off, along with a few shirts, pants, and a really nice jacket.
"May I?" Newt asked gesturing towards the jacket
"Oh uh yeah" you replied handing it to him. He gently brought the jacket up to your body. You slid your arms into the sleeves and adjusted it. You then turned around to show Newt the jacket.
"You look...absolutely...stunning" he stated in-between pauses. This made you blush again and reply with a quiet 'thank you'.

The moment was perfect. You looked into his soft chocolate brown eyes and he looked in yours. Your breathing hitched a little as it seemed Newt was leaning in. Your heart raced with every passing second, thumping loudly as you gradually leaned in as well. Your guys' lips were close in contact. One more inch in and you'd be kissing the guy you truly loved deep down in your heart. Everything was going smoothly. You two had almost kissed until you heard distant footsteps. They seemed to be...running...running towards you and Newt. You then heard screams. Screams that seemed of terror and agony. Oh no you thought looking towards the source of sounds.

What you saw then horrified you. Your guessing Thomas and Minho had walked a little far from you and Newt and were now screaming at you guys to run because behind them was a big wave of cranks ready to claw at their flesh. Newt looked at you and nodded. You quickly nodded back and both of you guys ran further ahead, signaling Teresa and the other guys to get their things and get moving. You were scared and shocked at the same time. Your heart was beating faster then you could ever imagine, restraining itself from ripping out of your chest. Your legs were tired and you didn't feel like running anymore. You quickly glanced back at the now growing crowd of cranks and decided running was what would keep you alive. The panic. The fear. Thousands of thoughts raced through your head as you kept running. Come on y/n, keep running, don't ever stop you told yourself, pushing past your limits. You guys had found a door but it was locked.
"Someone help, it's locked!" Thomas yelled, frantically trying to break the lock on the door. Minho and Frypan rushed over to help him with breaking the lock.
"I'll hold them off" Winston yelled back, picking up one of the many guns you guys had managed to steal.