I Told You

Alena

Y'all hate me, huh? Guess what? I don't give a fuck about none of that. I did what I did for the money. The plastic surgery, the manipulation and forged certifications. It was all for the money. What money though, Alena? The money I inherited from my father. Kendall Nandin. Y'all know him.

It all started when I received a text from him about his friend, Steve, a few years ago. He wanted me to make sure he was hit from all sides and his children were spared for the moment. I couldn't really help Tasha, because her daughter did the deed. No one saw that shit coming.

He informed me about Steve's oldest son, Jalen, and how Steve had helped him fake his death and relocate for a while. I bought my way to California where Jalen was in hiding and took on a new face. My father had sent me a picture for the doctor to go off of, and I be damned if that doctor didn't make me look like me and this girl came out of the same coochie. I used my resources to also buy myself a forged Psychology Doctorate so I could immediately get myself a high dollar job at one of the rehabilitation centers in Rancho Cucamonga. I wasn't about to waste six years on school for that shit.

Jalen fell for my deception on the first encounter we had. I didn't have to do much but be myself for once instead of being the person I was impersonating. Somehow, I conned him into marriage after only five months of dating.

While I was working my magic on Jalen, I met up with another piece of the puzzle, Tristan, in the rehabilitation clinic I worked at. The boy was horrid. He was there for some major detox. He had cocaine, weed and a full cocktail of prescription drugs he stayed strung out on. I actually wanted to help him even though I was only supposed to keep an eye on him for reasons I still don't know.

After helping him rehabilitate and go back to Dallas, I followed behind to set up the rest of my plan. I still don't know why my dad disliked Randall so much though. Randall had nothing to do with anything other than what he was being paid to do as a money man. From what I was told, he was the best in the business.

"You good?" my dad questioned me over the phone.

I nodded as if he could see me. I'm really not good. I'm horrible. I miss my babies and Jalen disappeared again. I tried tracking his phone, but to no avail. He's never went radio silent on me like this. I miss my Nahla and Malani so much it's killing me.

See? I do have a heart when it comes to my kids. I do honestly love Jalen also even though we started our relationship with lies from the both of us. He's making it seem like he had nothing to do with any of this, when it was his idea to go along with all of this. For the money. All I wanted was to be done with this and get me and my girls far, far away from Texas. Now, I can't even do that. He took everything from me in no time at all. Never trust a nigga with better hair than yours, ladies.

Raine/Reina

"All rise!" the judge's voice echoed through my head. I immediately checked out leaving Reina in charge of what was to come next. She had everything with those crooked ass cops on lock. I felt her change my entire demeanor and I just sat there with my petty popcorn ready for things to pop off.

The lawyer representing the cops sat over there and side eyed me. Reina waved and winked at him being the normal petty mess she was. Only three of the six cops that "apprehended" me were there, one of them Rollins. I eyed Rollins and he sat there uncomfortably before he felt my glare and looked back at me. Reina smirked at him as the judge went on with the charges that were brought up against me.