Choosy

Jay

I dressed up in something nice for the date I had with Raine. It was nothing too flashy, but it was nice enough to get into Abacus. I had on all black, of course, and adorned my attire with platinum accessories.

"JiggaBoo, where you goin?" G busted in my door causing me to draw my piece. "Woah there, big fella, I just came to ask a damn question," he raised his hands smiling.

"I'm goin out," was all I said as I placed the gun back in my dresser. I adjusted my tie and pushed past him.

"You must gotta fancy broad. Got you wearin a tie and thangs," he followed behind me.

"Don't you need to be with Charelle? She bouta have yo baby and you always at my house botherin me."

"She kicked me out," he shrugged dropping his smile.

I sighed and turned to face him, "What you do?"

"Man ... She always whinin and naggin me. I just told her to cut that shit out," he scoffed.

I shook my head and rubbed my temples, "And you don't see a problem with that, huh?"

He shrugged again and sat on the arm of my couch. He always did stupid stuff to push that girl away. She been down for him since before he started working for Nando. She stuck around even when we had to send his ass to rehab before his coke problem got out of hand. In other words, she a real one that G didn't really deserve.

"Charelle is pregnant with your child, G. Her hormones are all over the place and the last thing she needs from you is "cut that shit out", I sighed. "Go back and ask for forgiveness. Not only ask, actually show and prove to her that you're sorry. You know you love her, and it's obvious she loves you even though I still don't know why. If she call or text me sayin you on some bullshit Imma come beat yo ass myself," I mugged. It wasn't a playful mug either. I was really gon whoop his ass next time he fucked up with Charelle. She grew on me like a sister.

"I thought we had a moment, then here come the violent muhhfuckka. Always wanna put ya hands on somebody," G rolled his eyes getting up from the couch.

I shoved him to the wall, "I ain't playin either. Fix that shit or end up in the hospital like last time."

He chuckled pulling himself from the wall, "You gettin like Ghost," he mumbled.

I kinda chuckled to myself and followed him out. I decided on taking my all black Grand Cherokee. The short, silent ride to Raine's house made me push Garland's problems to the back of my mind.

I pulled up to Raine's house and Pat's car was outside. I sighed heavily and went to the door to knock. Before I could get my hand up, Pat swung the door open like he was her dad or some shit.

"Wussuh," I said unenthused.

"Wussup," Pat moved to the side to let me in. "She gettin ready still."

I looked at him and shook my head. He stood by the front door like a body guard and we just stared each other down.

"I can't believe she went back to you," he started.

I mugged him, "We just friends anyway. Not like it matter to you."

"When you gon tell her the truth?" he asked with a sly grin.

"She know the truth about me. When you gon tell her you her brother?" I clapped back.

He smacked his lips, "That don't have shit tuh do witchu. All I know is you better not break her heart or it's yo ass."