Dreams?

Jay

"Lil bro. You can't be so nervous now. You said you liked the girl, so go get her," Jalen pushed me out towards my bus stop.

"What if she don't like me though? I heard her dad don't like dudes bein around her," I looked up at my big brother.

"I know her pops, Jay. Once he see that you my lil brother you'll be fine. He's just overprotective," Jalen patted my back.

"Ion know, bro. I don't think this is a good idea," I shook my head.

"Just go, nigga!" he shoved me again almost making me run into Garland.

"Watch out, bruh!" he scowled.

"Shut the hell up, G," I stood there not even paying attention to him. All my focus was on her. Raine Carter. My first middle school crush. I mean, Mrs. White, the 8th grade English teacher was fine as hell, but Raine was something special.

The bus had just pulled up and the few of us at that stop piled on. I walked the aisles going to the back where me and G always sat. There was this mixed looking chick sitting there.

"Excuse me, but can you get the fuck out my seat ma'am?" G leaned over to say to the girl.

"Quit bein rude, Garland. Sorry ma," I waved at the girl.

"Thanks," she smiled small.

We sat in the very back across from each other. While we were on the way to school I noticed that Raine had got up to sit next to the girl. They instantly started talking and laughing like they had already knew each other.

"Who that new girl?" I asked G.

He shrugged his shoulders and kept on listening to his iPod. Before G could notice I was gone, I moved up a couple seats until I was right behind the girls.

"New girl, I just wanna apologize for my friend. I think his mama dropped him on his head a few times as an infant," I smiled.

She smiled back, "It's obvious. I'm Emani by the way." We shook hands.

"I'm Jay," I answered back with a smile.

"This is my friend, Raine," Emani introduced.

"Hi," Raine waved back without looking at me.

"Hello, RaineyDay," I smirked earning a light chuckle from her.

She finally looked at me and her eyes lit up. Emani saw the smirk on my face and they covered the crack in the seat to whisper do one another. I thought I was straight up rejected, so I retreated back to my seat.

"Wussam, fam!" Pat's loud ass got on the bus.

I dapped my boy up as he sat in front of me twisting his budding dreads. "G! Get ya head out the clouds my boy!" Pat hit G's foot down.