Take Flight

Jay

Playing in the curls of her hair as she laid on my chest, I thought about everything she told me. It explained some things, but I didn't know it was that deep. She more gutta than I am. She caught more bodies than I have. She a legend already and we ain't even twenty-five yet. I love her though. I could never stop loving her.

"Baby," she groaned looking up at me.

"Wussuh? You alright?" I answered.

She smiled, "Perfect. Are you alright?"

I nodded and smiled, "No complaints."

She rolled over until she accidently landed on her arm. She whimpered a little, so I helped her sit up. "There you go. You gotta be easy on yourself, Rainey Day."

She smiled small, "I know. I wasn't really there when this happened. I'm stuck with the aftermath of what Reina was doing."

I raised a brow, "When does she come out?"

"Mainly when I either don't take my meds, or when I'm really angry. She's really hard to try to control."

"Have I met her before?" I questioned. I wanted to know just in case.

She looked at me wide eyed, "You met her before you met me. She was the one that convinced me to go out with you even against my father's wishes."

I chuckled a little, "Well thank you, Reina. You the real MVP."

She smirked a little before slapping my arm, "Silly. Really though, Reina is a mess and a half. She's cool with some people, but her mouth is slick and she's always down for extermination."

I smirked at the thought. We could really be on some Bonnie and Clyde shit. I got ready to go to work and Raine sat there with a pout on her face. "What's wrong, Rainey Day?" I asked her slipping on my pants.

"I feel pretty useless just sitting here while you go out doing your business. I wanna do something too. Can't I still count money with one hand?" she sighed.

I thought about it for a minute. Since she's been out of commission, Ro has had to count and clean also. I know he's tired of it. "Imma talk to Ro about it. He'll be more than glad to hand that back to you."

She smiled small and laid back in the bed. I knew that would make her happy. I do kinda want her to calm down with all of this until she goes back to court though. They got people watching her every move right about now. I kissed her forehead and left the house dapping up my security outside. "Make sure she stays here. No bullshit.," I spoke to Kenyon, my most trusted bodyguard.

"No problem, bwoy," he nodded crossing his arms.

I drove off to the trap to start getting our money together. I also had to ask what the hell Miss Bernie was doing with our money. Hopefully somebody can clarify.

*****

"So what do we need to talk about, neph?" Uncle Ken sat across from me. I held my head in my hands not wanting to really have this conversation. He can't be on no pussy shit. I just hope I'm right.