Favorite

Enjoying my day off from school and work. It feels weird being off on a Saturday, but I feel very well rested. Tank just left here about an hour ago and I lied there in bed until I got a text. I assumed it was either my father, Ms. Bernie or Emani texting, so I picked up my phone to respond.

Tank: Have a great day beautiful. Hope you don't mind I put my number in your phone.

Me: I knew you were the hash-slinging slasher lol.

Tank: Lol nah. I did it when I put you in bed. Thank you for a great night.

Me: You're welcome. Maybe one day we can do it again?

Tank: Really? A second date? Yeah! Any time you want just say the word and I got you.

Me: Lol ok. I'll ttyl then.

Tank: Ttyl, Raine.

I held my phone on my chest because my heart was fluttering out of control. Just when I thought I was going to be alone for the rest of my life, God sent him my way. Last night was simple, but it was also perfect.

Emani strolled in the house trying to sneak, but I caught her before she could get to her bedroom door.

"So I see you're off probation with Pat?" I grinned.

"Don't get me started on you. I know how you got home last night. What did you and Tank do last night?"

"Talk most of the night. Then we ended up sleeping together," I fell against the wall grinning from ear to ear.

Emani got wide eyed, "Y'all slept together?! Did y'all have sex, Raine?"

"No, Mani! We literally slept together in my bed. It was sweet," I shrugged.

"Aww, my RaineyBaby is growing up," she wiped away a fake tear.

I shook my head and went back to my room to troll on Instagram. When I opened the app, I noticed I had a lot of new follows, likes and comments. I hardly even post on here, so I went to where the comments were coming from and my jaw dropped.

It was about 6am and the video was pretty dark. Tank was recording me sleeping while he sang a little Maxwell "Pretty Wings".

There was a second video where he recorded himself sitting up in my bed.

"This message is for all the IG models and thugs that are most likely about to start lurking. I, Tristan "Tank" Lawrence, and she, Raine Carter, are off the market. She just don't know it yet."

I started to text him again, but I started to get a phone call from my father this early.

"Yes daddy?" I answered.

"How are you doing today, Shell?"

"I'm fine so far, daddy. How are you doing?"

"I was fine until one of the guards informed me that my little girl has a boyfriend. Is it true?" he asked in a gruff voice.

"Hardly. He wants to be in that position, but I need to figure him out more. I believe you would approve. He's a gentleman and presented himself as such."

"Shell, don't let your focus fall, ok? You still have to get through school. I want you to be something."

"All I do is focus on school dad. I have two best friends and all I do is work and study. Can I make room for a boyfriend too? I'm only 21. I don't even go out like a normal female my age."

"Those are the same females that spend the rest of their lives chasing dreams in their thirties that they could've had in their twenties if they would've stayed focused. What's the dude's name?"