[thirty-eight] missed phone call

JEON JUNGKOOK POV
--

jungkook dragged his burdened feet through the snow, not being aware of the snow storm from last night causing it to be knee-high. he tried to follow the original trail but it was hard to see it with the covered tracks and ill-lit moon light. so instead of walking on his usual route, he aimlessly staggered in hope to end up somewhere.

he glances at his phone screen, reading 9:22pm. he shoves it back in his pocket, closing his eyes as he inhales sharply.

jungkook doesn't mind the piercing cold that numbs his fingers, in fact embraces it. he lets his conscience lead him forward and looks up to the star filled sky. the lights were blinding, but breathtakingly beautiful. but as he tramps and his left foot doesn't find support,

he suddenly loses his balance.

KIM TAEHYUNG POV
--

to be honest taehyung wasn't as amused as he thought he would be. he was sitting solo on a green plastic chair while his friend was chugging down unfamiliar drinks, barely standing straight. he was down-right drunk , sputtering incoherent words trying to cheer tae up.

"come on, we're not even halfway done!" jimin fished his phone out, showing the brunette the flashing numbers on the screen.

"jimin, you should calm down. you're drunk." taehyung said, resting his chin in his palm.

jimin frowns, "am i not." the blonde staggers, holding onto taehyung's shoulder for support. he giggles as he flashes his eye smile, still not budging the brunette. he maintained his grumpy posture, not bothering to look at him.

"if it's about the freaking bunny again imma slap you," jimin snaps.

"no, it's not." taehyung says sternly. he sighs, "by the way, have you seen my phone?"

jimin gulps, stammering, "n-no." he can feel the phone pressed against his leg, vibrations repeatedly being heard. taehyung looks at him in disbelief, furrowing his eyebrows, "jimin?"

"y-yes?" cold sweat would break out on his forehead, fingers trembling due to the influence of alcohol.

"do you have my phone?"

"no, i-it's just a friend who won't leave me alone." he chokes out, proud with his made-up excuse.

"...you're holding it, chim."

jimin mutters "fuck" as he looks down, ashamed of his actions. then he narrows his eyes, "why do you always pay so much attention to him? it's like you don't care about me anymore." he sniffles, "it's always him!" jimin punches the younger on his arm, pretty weakly.

taehyung raises a brow, "what's this about?"

jimin shouts, "we used to do everything! now all you do is talk about him." taehyung stands up, grabbing jimin's shoulders. "jimin, listen."

jimin's eyes grew dark, "and he is always with yoon-"

"listen to me, goddammit! i don't know where you got all this from, but to me you'll always be my best friend!"

"w-wha," jimin looks up, "really?"

"really, really! i wouldn't lie about it! and jungkook has nothing to do with it."

jimin scoffs, but nods. "never mind. you should know that he's been calling you a dozen of times, so i guess you need to take it." jimin unwillingly takes taehyung's phone out, not wanting to further the conversation. "jimi-"

"take it," he glares, walking towards the alcohol. taehyung shakes his head, but resumes to looking at his phone. taehyung's eyes widen, and leaves his mouth slightly agape:

missed call from "bunny boy" (23)

"w-what the hell?"

incoming call from "bunny boy"...
accept or decline

"j-jungkook? i'm so sorry, jimi-"

"t-tae?" jungkook's voice was barely audible. he was breathing heavily, and his voice seemed hoarse. "h-help me."

+

[shit bout to down ]