[thirty-five] pinkies

PARK JIMIN POV
--

jimin was still sitting in his living room after taehyung left - waiting for yoongi to come back home. recently yoongi hadn't been present, being caught up with his part-time job. and to jimin's dismay, he didn't like it one bit.

and to make it worse, this certain "jungkook" seemed to take away both his boyfriend and best friend.

don't get him wrong, he was also conflicted asking himself if he actually did the right thing. but somehow, he felt like jungkook was a threat. at first he seemed like a fragile, harmful little boy that needed caution. which was cute.

but now his closest "persons" would avert their attention from jimin, to him. and it isn't supposed to go like that! even he didn't mean for his anger to go noticed, when he realized that tae developed feelings. he wanted to be the supportive kind of friend. but he lost it when yoongi would continuously hang out with jungkook, instead of me.

so what should he have done? he decided to make jungkook willingly leave his friend alone, and hopefully yoongi too. so yes, he is the very jealous type.

jimin pulled up his hoodie over his head when he heard keys turning in the door, assuming it was yoongi. he looked at the clock on the wall, reading 11:42 pm.

he overworked today too, huh? why won't he come home early? doesn't he want to be with me?

jimin pulled up his knees to his chest, still nibbling on the straw to the chocolate milk carton, which since long ago got emptied.

a black haired appeared, humming jimin's name as he laid his keys on the kitchen table. yoongi approached jimin, slowly wrapping his arms around him. "how was my baby's day today?"

jimin didn't look at him in the eye; he simply turned away with his arms hugging his legs. yoongi sighed, hearing how jimin mumbled along with the line, "you're late."

he inched closer to jimin, patting his back. "you know that i work."

"i know." jimin bitterly muttered. "but i want you to be home more often. with me." jimin looked into his eyes, biting on his bottom lip.

"i'll try to." yoongi softly said, looking down on his knees. "like, really. just wait for a bit longer."

jimin sniffled, "pinky promise?" his eyes were teary, his small hands trembling.

yoongi, who chuckled at the younger's cute actions, interlocked their pinky fingers whilst petting his head, "pinky promise".

------------------------------------------------------
(a/n):
i hope that this chapter satisfies all yoonmin shippers out there! i wanted to put more depth to their characters.